• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
210 additional cases in SC, highest total so far and 4 more deaths. Still not SIP order for SC. If you put the Governor’s brain in a bird, it would fly backwards.
Without knowing much about your governor, I'm pretty sure he'll cave in and issue an order very soon. Every bordering state to SC has already. That alone will put enormous pressure on him to fall in line.

You are underestimating the good old boy vote. There's a reason we've had a Republican governor since 2003.

Amazingly, all GA governors were Democrats from 1872-2003. I need to read more on southern history.

Yep, I think it would take Georgia going to complete, total dumpster fire bad with this over the next few weeks to wreck his chances of serving both terms. Specifically to effect much of his vote, really hurt the rural areas by spreading there and becoming a huge problem because of those hospitals not being as good as Emory/AUMC/etc (and if this scenario were to happen, there will be finger pointing at him). Otherwise he highly likely wins another close election when it's time for it in 2022.

It didn't take long for my dad to pretty much go "Yeah that's cute" about the shelter in place order btw (for a totally on topic deal). I somehow got it to where we're going to go out again on Friday just to go to a nature area (again in SC, although a different deal), and I asked him about it and he reaffirmed that we're going and feels that it's unenforceable. We do have an alibi (which is a small shopping trip) but I definitely wouldn't be comfortable doing these things on my own.

10 minute video speculating the source of the virus. Pretty interesting. Will be interesting to see if something like this ever gets officially corroborated. I think something like this is what happened.

A public apology to tramadoc who reached out via PM; I took it too far with the personal part.
Hey! All of us are (or should be if we're really human) a bit frazzled by all of this ... nice to see some humanity and I hope the good vibes you shared spread faster and are far more contagious than the virus ... ?

“The importance of viral dose is being overlooked in discussions of the coronavirus. As with any other poison, viruses are usually more dangerous in larger amounts. Small initial exposures tend to lead to mild or asymptomatic infections, while larger doses can be lethal.”

Interesting read:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back