• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that, but I was talking about that particular brand which is being used by news outlets as a reporting medium. They’re only going off that one brand. It’s only going off the Kinsa Smart Thermometer. They’re home based (the majority).

Roger that

Yeah, that’s why I said “if”. Nevertheless and notwithstanding your point, I’m hopeful that it really is an indication of social distancing doing its magic for not just the flu but also for COVID-19. It is about time we had some true good news in this thread and I’m cautiously hopeful.

Sounds like they have had pretty good success the past flu seasons. Sounds really promising.

To follow up on me and my wife’s health. My wife is doing much better about 7 days fever free but my light cough is getting worse now. Can’t seem to shake it. Headaches coming back too. What in the hell. Starting to wonder if I’m starting to decline or if this evening has just been a blip.

NC latest as of last night.
1717 Cases
15 Deaths
200+ Hospitilized

To me the 200 Hospitilized out of 1717 cases known is alarming. The solace is we all know there has and currently is way more pos cases than 1717. Sadest story I heard was a Montgomery County Sheriff deputy 42 years young passed away from corona. Left behind a wife and 5 kids. They never said if he had an underlying condition or not.
Montgomery County is a very rural area. Alot of us on here live in rural areas, so we are not immune to this spread. Stay vigilant.

To follow up on me and my wife’s health. My wife is doing much better about 7 days fever free but my light cough is getting worse now. Can’t seem to shake it. Headaches coming back too. What in the hell. Starting to wonder if I’m starting to decline or if this evening has just been a blip.
Did you or any of your family ever get tested? Contact your Doctor.

Glad to see a congressman from Florida calling for an investigation into the WHO. USA funds 15% of WHO budget, by far biggest contributor. WHO praising China all along back in Jan and Feb, when China made this seem way , way softer than it ever was. The WHO Point blank told the rest of the World that China was on top of this and those numbers where correct. The WHO was the onky outside source China would ket in.Turns out those numbers where well in excess of 10x greater across the world board at a minimum.

Randolph County has 17 cases for a rate of 1.183 per 10,000 population.

Guilford County has 55 cases for a rate of 1.024 per 10,000 population

Forsyth County has 42 cases for a rate of 1.099 per 10,000 pop

Davidson County has 28 cases for a rate of 1.671 per 10,000 pop

Wake county has 228 cases for a rate of 2.051 per 10,000 pop

Northhampton County has 30 cases for a rate of 15.398 per 10,000 pop

Mecklenburg County has 465 cases for a rate of 4.188 per 10,000 pop

Montgomery county has 7 cases for a rate of 2.576 per 10,000 pop

I work at a Publix, we do not distribute all the toilet paper onto the floor at once, We do it in batches to ensure we're not wiped out within minutes. Our stock has been getting better, but we're still lacking canned vegetables, bread, etc.. There was talk of truckers going on strike due to unfair conditions and hours, if that happens then we will undoubtedly run out of several items.
You guys keep in mind these canned veggies that where in whse. Once that stock is depleted,it will have to wait till harvest seasons catch up. Central america,Mexico,then florida on up is how it works. So prob see a lag.
On any given day under normal circumstances over 30% of American pop frequents a fast food resteraunt. So the demand for cooking at home,grocery store items has shot up significantly with all the resteraunts closed down. Changed the supply/ demand ratios

That Northampton County rate (while accurate) is very high but it is skewed, for lack of a better word, by the assisted living center there that reported 24 cases and 2 others may be related to that facility. Either way not good

Forsyth is at 57 and Davidson is at 44 now.

What's the chances of a post outbreak study using the antibody test to try and map out exactly what happened during this outbreak. We need to acquire as many facts and data that we can to try and understand this event to protect us in the future.

How would we pay for it and should everyone have the option to do the antibody test?

What's the chances of a post outbreak study using the antibody test to try and map out exactly what happened during this outbreak. We need to acquire as many facts and data that we can to try and understand this event to protect us in the future.

How would we pay for it and should everyone have the option to do the antibody test?
I hope there is and I would like to know. However, I don't think anyone should be forced to and I think there would be enough willing participants to get an accurate idea of the extent.

I hope there is and I would like to know. However, I don't think anyone should be forced to and I think there would be enough willing participants to get an accurate idea of the extent.

Im very willing as it my wife and coworker. He told me BHM is about to start doing it for $69 which is too much.

That Northampton County rate (while accurate) is very high but it is skewed, for lack of a better word, by the assisted living center there that reported 24 cases and 2 others may be related to that facility. Either way not good
Good catch, and I remember you talking about it. One cluster in a county of only 20k population, and they now have the highest infection rate (by the numbers) in the state. Eeeeek.

This might be good news locally
3ebe21e614991f45520d79f261768e5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back