• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the Coronavirus is suspected to be effected by heat. However in Florida where many places are already reaching 90 Degrees, has 7,000 cases.

I think the belief is the warm weather might slow down the rate of spread but there is still a ton of unknowns with this virus too.

I understand the Coronavirus is suspected to be effected by heat. However in Florida where many places are already reaching 90 Degrees, has 7,000 cases.

It's supposed to decay. Not really supposed to disappear. That's where people aren't really understanding and truthfully I can't fully explain it.

Also I think much of Florida getting slammed is the fault that they didn't kick the spring breakers out early and then for a little while New Yorkers were fleeing to Florida. Would not surprise me at all if you could trace over half of the cases, if not more to the spring breaker/New Yorker "fleeing" problem. They are now tracking people at major checkpoints that want to drive into Florida (at least tracking a few state license plates), but that came entirely way too late.

Last edited:
None of this is really surprising to me. It will likely continue to rise sharply for at least another 10-14 days. Once we get to around 4/15 and beyond is when we could look for signs of a possible slowdown in new cases.
Great choice of a word there Larry! "possible" rather than "probable" ... let's hope a possibility evolves into a probability and then into a reality!

Louisiana cases today: 9,150 (+2726); Deaths: 310 (+37)
I've heard part of the reason for the jump is data processing delays to the state, but the deaths still continue to rise. We're supposed to peak around April 16, per the models used by the state. It's going to be a rough month for all of us.

It's supposed to decay. Not really supposed to disappear. That's where people aren't really understanding and truthfully I can't fully explain it.

Also I think much of Florida getting slammed is the fault that they didn't kick the spring breakers out early and then for a little while New Yorkers were fleeing to Florida. Would not surprise me at all if you could trace over half of the cases, if not more to the spring breaker/New Yorker "fleeing" problem. They are now tracking people at major checkpoints that want to drive into Florida (at least tracking a few state license plates), but that came entirely way too late.

The 2 deaths in my county were of residents who had just visited NYC a couple of weeks prior.

I had read there were 2 strains the Asian strain and the european strain. Sounds like west coast had the Asian and east coast the european. Wonder of the european strain is just slightly more deadly?

I don’t know, the demographics on the victims from what was released from Wuhan and Italy and what is happening on the east Coast match really well.

Sometimes I might like on a post if I'm glad somebody mentioned some new facts relevant to the topic, even if I don't agree with the actions being reported about. I think we should be less hasty at judging others reactions to information posted on this thread. I think we all should agree that more information about the virus and nations' responses to the virus are a positive thing, keeping us informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back