• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven_1974 how are you doing? Feel like lungs are getting stronger? I hit the 9 week mark tomorrow since symptoms began. Still have the chest tightness like a band around my chest feeling and still have a decent amount of belching still. I goto Gastroenterologist on April 28 to see what they think. It’s the weirdest thing, I can exert myself and feel fine, I walked 3 miles on treadmill yesterday in 1 hr 20 minutes and today I hit 3 mph and incline of 4 for quite awhile. I’m confident my chest pressure isn’t cardiac related.

So an update to this post today since my wife got more Info at work last night.

In all 10 people tested positive. This threw the nursing director into a panic so she had everyone that tested positive retest on the quick test machine and another PCR swab. After the retest 7 of the 10 retested negative. So @Jon what could have caused this?

If they tested negative on PCR then they are probably negative (at the moment, of course — she needs to retest these folks through 14 days or quarantine them)

What probably happened and is a problem with antigen “rapid” testing is that it’s not supposed to be used on asymptomatic persons. The accuracy is about half and false positives VERY frequent. Your viral load needs to be pretty high for this test to prove positive.

PCR is the way to go and can’t be fooled due to testing design. It literally needs RNA to work and the only way it can get it is from inside your nose! The only way it usually shows a false negative is administrator error/improper swab technique which is a real thing. Covid sometimes doesn’t have any congestion or runny nose at all, and when they swab just inside one nare, they may miss capable virus that’s hanging out way back there in the sinuses. (Yet there’s been studies saying nare tests are fine, but I still have my doubts since some people are incredibly dry) But even with terrible swabbing technique it’s a good test.

Went to pick up a prescription at Walgreens earlier and got to talking to the cashier about Covid. Told her I’m still dealing with lingering issues 9 weeks after it all started. Was talking about the vaccine and how I’m counting the days down till I’m eligible since the regeneron. She told me a tech in the pharmacy had Covid last year and just tested positive again. She didn’t say when last year and who knows how mild of a case it was, but apparently her antibodies were gone.

Went to pick up a prescription at Walgreens earlier and got to talking to the cashier about Covid. Told her I’m still dealing with lingering issues 9 weeks after it all started. Was talking about the vaccine and how I’m counting the days down till I’m eligible since the regeneron. She told me a tech in the pharmacy had Covid last year and just tested positive again. She didn’t say when last year and who knows how mild of a case it was, but apparently her antibodies were gone.
It may not be that the antibodies are gone, but that they are not effective against the new variants of the virus that are out there now. My wife is a ICU RN and she said they have had 12 new cases get put in her unit the last 2 days and they are all from the new variant

It may not be that the antibodies are gone, but that they are not effective against the new variants of the virus that are out there now. My wife is a ICU RN and she said they have had 12 new cases get put in her unit the last 2 days and they are all from the new variant
This variant has me extra worried, the final 6 weeks of school can’t go fast enough. After hearing younger people get this one easier, we have a 7th grade middle schooler that does f2f and our school system hasn’t been very good at following guidelines

Steven_1974 how are you doing? Feel like lungs are getting stronger? I hit the 9 week mark tomorrow since symptoms began. Still have the chest tightness like a band around my chest feeling and still have a decent amount of belching still. I goto Gastroenterologist on April 28 to see what they think. It’s the weirdest thing, I can exert myself and feel fine, I walked 3 miles on treadmill yesterday in 1 hr 20 minutes and today I hit 3 mph and incline of 4 for quite awhile. I’m confident my chest pressure isn’t cardiac related.

I am going much better. Yesterday was the best I've felt since this all started 4 weeks ago. Still keeping to the albuteral inhaler only when I wake up and not using it the rest of the day. I was able to walk around without getting too tired out yesterday when I'd go outside and practice. Today is the first day I've gone back onsite at work and so far so good. I still have a cough at times. Still getting chunks of crap out of my sinuses from time to time. It has cleared up the sinus issues I had for the past 20 years which has turned down the body inflammation so I lost a decent amount of weight and am keeping it off now. So I am hoping I found a few positives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back