• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really scared how it’ll progress with him having high blood pressure issues, I really don’t want to see my dad on a ventilator, last night he had a 101 fever, unfortunately right before he showed symptoms i was around him a lot, so I’ve been exposed without a doubt
Sorry to hear that. I hope your dad gets better.

1107 cases reported today for NC eclipsing the previous one day record of 853. I have a bad feeling that easing restrictions before Memorial Day is not going to be good.
Our only possible saving grace is that the 1,107 positives are from 26,358 tests in the past 24 hours. Roughly a 4% positive rate, and we have never tested anywhere near that amount in 24 hours before.

I do agree that the current re-opening may prove to be very fragile. We shall see.

Our only possible saving grace is that the 1,107 positives are from 26,358 tests in the past 24 hours. Roughly a 4% positive rate, and we have never tested anywhere near that amount in 24 hours before.

I do agree that the current re-opening may prove to be very fragile. We shall see.
hmm...the NCDHHS dashboard looks to have less tests and a 10% positive rate.
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 1.19.35 PM.png

Brazil’s numbers is looking bad today. They already reported almost 10k new cases and reported 630 new deaths and The full report doesn’t come out until 6.

My dad was saying there was a idiot as his job that came in real sick with a cough, and he looked unwell (back when his job wasn’t doing temperature checks) he’s saying that’s probably where it came from, and my dad was wearing a mask and had one of those mini hand sanitizer bottles, imagine how many people that one person could have infected, it’s obvious some folks who are sick still choose to go to work and run the risk of infecting others

hmm...the NCDHHS dashboard looks to have less tests and a 10% positive rate.
View attachment 41941
Hmm...not sure either then. This was from WSOC in Charlotte:

"North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is reporting 22,725 cases of COVID-19 across the state, up 1,107 from Friday.

The state reported 26,358 total tests were done in the past 24 hours, which is above the state’s benchmark to test between 5,000 and 7,000 people every day. "

Hmm...not sure either then. This was from WSOC in Charlotte:

"North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is reporting 22,725 cases of COVID-19 across the state, up 1,107 from Friday.

The state reported 26,358 total tests were done in the past 24 hours, which is above the state’s benchmark to test between 5,000 and 7,000 people every day. "

Sounds like a data dump.

Unless the hospitals are in danger of being overrun there’s no sense in tightening the restrictions. Just my opinion.
Evidently Winston is because that’s where everyone in Wilkes is sent once it gets bad. My brother in law was in icu for 3 extra day because they had no normal beds available. He finally got a room that is like negative pressure or something. I’m guessing rural hospitals are not equipped for patients with COVID19 that are getting worse.

I have had 4 people die I know unrelated to COVID19 since March. It’s like elderly people are just falling over. Pneumonia, cancer, etc. I know people die all the time but is anyone else noticing more than normal deaths unrelated to COVID19?

Dad’s coronavirus symptoms right now are very very mild, very much like a little cold Or even better, seems to get worse at night, hoping it stays like that and doesn’t get bad around day 4-6 like some people have, he’s 42 years old btw
Has he been tested? I may have missed it up the thread ...

Dad’s coronavirus symptoms right now are very very mild, very much like a little cold Or even better, seems to get worse at night, hoping it stays like that and doesn’t get bad around day 4-6 like some people have, he’s 42 years old btw

Hopefully it stays mild and he quickly recovers! Also, hoping you don’t catch it as well. Glad to hear he’s doing well with it so far!

Hopefully it stays mild and he quickly recovers! Also, hoping you don’t catch it as well. Glad to hear he’s doing well with it so far!

Yeah right now he basically has just a runny nose and a temp of 99.7, very very mild symptoms, he has a excellent immune system so that’s probably helping, and I appreciate it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back