• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And id say as villigant as most of us on here are, chances are atleast 40 to 50% of us will contract this. Hooefully we want notice.
So Im not in any way downplaying the fact this is highly communicable and most likely not a walk in the park for several of us even if we dont end up in the hospital.

Interesting timing for this job. November ??‍♂️

Attachments

• 970FA527-AD8C-44DA-8D47-03A0793677D5.png
    970FA527-AD8C-44DA-8D47-03A0793677D5.png
    611.6 KB · Views: 55
  • F4DC7F9D-1C05-40EA-B9A1-B6E3D6866D4F.png
    F4DC7F9D-1C05-40EA-B9A1-B6E3D6866D4F.png
    701.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 70ACD595-579E-449D-8899-CEEDF807D6A1.png
    70ACD595-579E-449D-8899-CEEDF807D6A1.png
    596.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 66BE31D6-B151-45DB-A729-D0AC587521CF.png
    66BE31D6-B151-45DB-A729-D0AC587521CF.png
    653.5 KB · Views: 32
What worries me is how fast we saw the dominoes fall. California apparently just tipped another with the stay at home order. We as a society really walk on eggshells. Too many dominoes tip at once and that shaky ground becomes quicksand in quick minute.

I believe that last domino to be the food supply. If people suddenly find themselves unable to provide food for their loved ones then desperation and panic take over. No matter what we have to keep steady supply of food.
In most of the Italian accounts I’ve read they say there is plenty of food and supplies. Once people can’t leave as much I figure it will be easier to stock.

Well I woke up this morning with diarrhea and have had it all day. I have diverticulitis so I associated it with it. I just found this article.

Relax. Stress can tear your stomach up worse than anything. As someone who has IBS I can assure the more worrying the more stomach problems.

In most of the Italian accounts I’ve read they say there is plenty of food and supplies. Once people can’t leave as much I figure it will be easier to stock.

We need to institute a nationwide grocery schedule. M-W-F for senior citizens T-T-S for everyone 60 and younger. Have stores open from 7a to 7p. Take the newly unemployed and hire them to restock and DISINFECT the store on nightshifts so the next day the store is stocked and sanitized.

Hydroxychloroquine: still needs fda approval. In like phase 3 i beleive. Its an Updated version of Chloroquine

Chloroquine any physican can prescribe right away

Zpack. We all know what those are.

Been several studies abroad. The Hydroxychloroquine performed best stand alone. The z pack on coronovirus. All yielded decent results.

**The french study used the Hydroxychloroquine + zpack [cocktail] together on 40 patients. Cured all 40 within 5 days. Small sample size, but thats what has everyone hyped. In USA. Doctor can prescribe the Chloroquine right now. So he/she can make the cocktail.

Shannon bream Thursday night 11pm fox show. Around the middle show interviewing a congressman/ doctor. Great Info!

Doctors will have to get creative to fight this. Some therapies may work while others may not. We just need to slow this thing down so patients don’t need to go into the ICU or on a vent. Hopefully, someone will get lucky. It may be a long shot but it’s all we have right now.

Watch the video but warning if you are stressed, depressed or already panicking don’t watch it. We as America need to shut everything down. I can’t believe I’m saying this but we don’t want any part of this. Yes Italy is older population but we all have older folks in our lives here in America. This virus needs to be eradicated.
Also I found out 2 of my co workers are sick and have been tested. I have not been around them thankfully.

The drugs will help but there is not enough of them to handle so many at once. We need a vaccination yesterday. I know that’s not possible but there are reports it’s a second wave starting in China and SK. Plus we are racing against it mutating again. I pray this is not true.

So the countries that had decreased are getting cases from outside their borders. People coming in. Only way to beat this virus is a vaccine. Otherwise it’s going to keep going around unless every country locks it’s borders down for a long long time.

Hydroxychloroquine will save us all? Thoughts? @Jon Thank You, in advance.

Looks hopeful along with the other antivirals and monoclonal antibodies being looked at.

It works in auto immune disorders by decreasing the cytokines or helping with CRS or cytokine storms. It also has antiviral activity. With severe cases of COVID-19 we are seeing cytokine storms, and I believe it absorbs well in the body and lungs, so it essentially decreases swelling and lowers the virus.

The word “cure” even used by the president isn’t the word clinicians would use. It’s a treatment used in the management of the disease, it is not a cure. When you say 100% of people were cured, it’s more correct to say 100% of people recovered. Just like there is no cure to flu, there is absolutely NO cure to SARS-CoV-2.

Going back to Hydroxychloroquine, there’s likely going to be a shortage. We tried to order as many as we could (keep in mind patients take this to treat their inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis)...these people could now be in danger of going without. Our warehouse will probably have 0 bottles in stock tomorrow. Hopefully there’s a backlog of supply, but Hydroxychloroquine isn’t like a BP med, not many people are on it in the first place...so I assume we have a limited supply in the US in general.

The good news is I see some interesting dosing from China trials.
They treat it like a ZPAK, and do a 5 day taper.
400mg twice daily on day 1; followed by 200mg twice daily for 4 days. That makes the per patient burden of the drug 12 tablets, which is a good thing considering it doesn’t take much to treat each patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back