• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As expected, the county commission here in Athens passed a 24/7 "shelter in place" ordinance. The highlights:
- All businesses in ACC (except for essential businesses) are required to cease all activities, except those needed for minimum basic operation.
- Residents are requested to shelter in place except when performing essential activities, essential governmental functions, or operating essential businesses.
- Travel is prohibited, except for essential travel and travel required for essential activities.

My wife has a patient that had undergone an elective surgery at a wake county hospital. She was sent back to the retirement center after positive corona cases were found at the hospital.

The lady came back with no specifics as to what contacts she had or why she is on droplet precautions. There are no more masks so my wife has to use a non-certified mask AND she has to reuse it each shift.

We are wholly unprepared for this problem even with a 2 month lead time.

I think it's pretty evident by now that China's numbers are definitely NOT accurate. We know they destroyed evidence when WHO was there and lied to them about it transmitting from person to person. We also have seen evidence about them covering this up for at least 3-4 weeks and if some reports are to be believed even longer than that is possible (back into mid-November). There's simply no way I can believe the virus went unchecked for 1-2 months in a country with 1.4 billion people and they only have a total of 80k cases or so, especially with the poor air quality and lack of nutrition over there which would further enhance the severity of this. I'm glad to see the US is working on a proposal that would move critical drugs out of China and offer credits for companies that make them in the US... this is a much needed step that needs to happen and it's only a matter of time before another crazy virus comes out of China.

So Japan is opening schools back up. The olympics are still on. President of Japan said they won’t cancel.
I find it hard to believe that they will go ahead with this...Too many countries will not be sending participants not to mention the possibility of Covid-19 firing up there....I don't think Japan will be immune to this...Having the Olympics would be a bad mistake!!!

Interesting that the Olympics are still on, sure travel restrictions could be relaxed by then (goodness I hope so) but how are athletes actually able to prepare? Obviously individual sports they can train but any team sports (i.e. basketball), just curious how this will play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back