• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would just put us all on lockdown. Why wait the wait?

Even then it wont apply to everyone, I will have to work no matter what I cant see them forcing us to close.....We are maxed out at work, the run on supplies crushed most companies we make diapers and bed pads for safety stock, so we have crazy orders dropping in that exceed what we can actually make....the same for diapers as hospitals up orders in anticipation of filling up.....the only way this plant closes is if it has a outbreak on the floor and even then I bet they try to run as many lines as they can with who they have. We make product for many big name drug store chains and big box stores.....if we don't run they don't get bed pads and adult diapers.

I sent a communication to the Gov of GA this morning stating he should close the state down. It's only 1 voice but they add up. We don't even have restaurants closed SMH. The message here is very inconsistent and that leads people to just go about their normal business as if nothing is happening.
How do you do that? Our county is acting like it’s on spring break, unfortunately my wife has a job she has to go in to the office 2-3 times a week and the stores are packed.

But the new FDA drugs will save lives and hopefully stop this over time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does not stop the virus. Those medications only help with the symptoms. And some people it will not help with the symptoms because their health is too bad to begin with.

Even then it wont apply to everyone, I will have to work no matter what I cant see them forcing us to close.....We are maxed out at work, the run on supplies crushed most companies we make diapers and bed pads for safety stock, so we have crazy orders dropping in that exceed what we can actually make....the same for diapers as hospitals up orders in anticipation of filling up.....the only way this plant closes is if it has a outbreak on the floor and even then I bet they try to run as many lines as they can with who they have. We make product for many big name drug store chains and big box stores.....if we don't run they don't get bed pads and adult diapers.
I work for a supplier to LEO, Prisons, and medical facilities. I doubt we would close either

Agreed.... and although they still aren't stating it is coming, seeing the Sec of State and Acting Sec of Homeland Security at the podium today makes you wonder if it's being seriously considered and getting closer.
You will see a little more squeeze in places like NY, Cali, Miami, maybe Seattle. You will prob. see curfews put in place. I haven't looked into everything New York is doing but Im sure they will lead the way for the larger metro cities

You will see a little more squeeze in places like NY, Cali, Miami, maybe Seattle. You will prob. see curfews put in place. I haven't looked into everything New York is doing but Im sure they will lead the way for the larger metro cities
Things are inconsistent though. We have here in Georgia Athens under shelter in place but not ATL itself. South Fulton, or the city south of ATL is as well I believe down to only essential businesses plus a curfew. NYC is considering shelter in place but hasn't yet. Only way to take this thing down is be consistent to the state level. It's already spread outside Metro ATL now as per today. And as a sidenote, I just saw that our numbers will update twice a day now. No we don't need a national lockdown, but we need to start shutting individual states down soon, NY being first.

Georgia went from 287 to 420 confirmed cases in 1 day. A 46% increase. 13 deaths

Of course and I assume you agree, a lot of the increases the last 2 days could be due to great increase in testing as opposed to just due to spreading.

...for now...we’ll see.

And he just about lost it there talking with that reporter. Dude needs to chill. Bad look.
I saw that and actually, I'm sorry those reporters had it coming.... he's been as chill as he has ever been, they can't stand that. Honestly if it had been me, I'd probably have come across that podium lol, of course that's why among many other reasons, I'm not nor will I ever be a politician.

Things are inconsistent though. We have here in Georgia Athens under shelter in place but not ATL itself. South Fulton, or the city south of ATL is as well I believe down to only essential businesses plus a curfew. NYC is considering shelter in place but hasn't yet. Only way to take this thing down is be consistent to the state level. It's already spread outside Metro ATL now as per today. And as a sidenote, I just saw that our numbers will update twice a day now. No we don't need a national lockdown, but we need to start shutting individual states down soon, NY being first.
And that's the states individual responsibility. Also if people would just listen to and adhere to the recommendations you wouldn't need a lockdown. Reminds me of all the people who complain about being micromanaged, so you relax things a bit and they don't follow rules, usually one is forced to micromanage because people just don't do what is necessary (mostly because they are too freaking selfish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back