• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made the last grocery store trip for the next few weeks at least. Have enough meat stockpiled for 6-8 weeks and then a week or two of freeze dried food. Have enough TP to last 3-4 weeks at least and plenty of diapers/wipes for the little ones. Will be working remote starting tomorrow, going to be interesting with 3 kids in the house... but at least I’ll save on gas the next few weeks! Stay safe everyone!

It is clear to me after driving around today, we are in trouble. Our economy is going to crater and it is going to take years to recover. There are so many people just rolling around, milling about, and acting like there is nothing going on. This is going to be a long, rolling ordeal with this half baked quasi-shutdown of random things. I don't have a lot of hope that summer will end this, and we certainly are not looking at herd immunity anytime soon.

At the current rate, we are about 1 out through the top of the first inning. Unless we depart from this current approach, we are screwed.

I have a bad feeling about the short term but optimistic about the long term. (years)

Every one of us ... every single one of us ... has had a tragedy ... most more than a few and for many those times were bitter and for some agonizing ... but with the passage of a little time, most, if not all of us, have grown and gained from those past dark moments ... history repeats itself and so again will the good times ... hang tough and smile now when you most need to, Friends ...

China really should be held accountable for this crap and their atrocious handling of it.

I know it’s not breaking news but the leaders of the countries dealing with the worst of this (US included) are for sure absolutely pissed at China for spreading this virus. This has a put a halt to normal everyday life for most of the world. This has shattered any credibility they had.

Exactly stop buying from China. We got to make everything American even if cost is higher!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or associate with countries that don't oppress their citizens. Take it out of China, bring some jobs home, but invest the other jobs into nations that don't violate human rights. We realistically can't make everything here.

I never realized how much I enjoyed fixing things till this forced at home stay. Working on fixing my bikes gears , dining room chairs , etc. That and lots of hiking in the woods. I live in the country I wouldn’t mind just biking round the back roads. Not gon lie though I do visit my buds house because he has a full gym set at home.

Oh and I began fixing the garden beds up. Wish we could get the fence around our property soon so I can expand and turn the entire backyard just bout into a large vegetable garden. I’m excited about my fig tree she puts out bowls every day during peak and I got 2 new ones planted ! Lord I’m excited for my azaleas too ! Already seen some going. Ooohhhh and honey suckle nothing beats driving down a road and that wonderful smell just wafts in and seduces you !

China really should be held accountable for this crap and their atrocious handling of it.
I’m scared as hell nothing changes with China after this. China needs to feel the heat because this kind of behavior is dangerous . China is the greatest threat to our modern way of ease and freedom.

He should be in jail. There are plenty of poor people in jail for taking a small fraction of this. Insider trading,fraud whatever you call it it's still stealing.
Him and probably 1/2 or more of Congress, people in the know in government, etc. And from both sides of the aisle..

All holdings should be in a blind trust, no direct control while in office or even working for the government if you have access to sensitive information.

No revolving doors going to work for government contractors, paid speechs after being in office, term limits would be awesome but we'll never get them.

I could go on and on, people have no idea just how much members from both sides of the aisle have profited directly, for their family members, and friends..

It's disgusting and you can't single out just one person or one party because it's rampant..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back