• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Burr was kind enough to let a few of his best donors know this virus would be like the Spanish flu in the second week of February. He and his friends sold all their stock in hotels and other business he knew would be in trouble way before the public was made aware of the severity of the situation. Nothing to see here, keep your 401k for the Long haul it will come back eventually. Meanwhile he and I'm sure most politicians cashed out before we knew the problem was here.

He needs to resign. What he did was criminal. Stocks were fine when he sold Feb 13. He sold 29 stocks/holdings (that we know of)...

The upper range is 1.5 million dollars in worth, not sure what his profit was but it would be worth probably 1/4th of that today. Scumbag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a218ba6c076a44a7735f93617138aaf0.jpg

I’ll be honest I took my kidos to a waterfall today. However we washed are hands and kept distance from all people. We definitely did social distancing.

Looking glass?

He needs to resign. What he did was criminal. Stocks were fine when he sold Feb 13. He sold 29 stocks/holdings (that we know of)...

The upper range is 1.5 million dollars in worth, not sure what his profit was but it would be worth probably 1/4th of that today. Scumbag.

He should be in jail. There are plenty of poor people in jail for taking a small fraction of this. Insider trading,fraud whatever you call it it's still stealing.

Reactions: Jon

I’m gonna make it point to get this out. He’s a piece of $hit and needs to pay for this.

Well my daughters got the official word from Campbell today, no more classes, finish the year online and graduation postponed. My oldest, a senior, just had a mini meltdown, realizing she will not see several of her friends anymore or at least until graduation whenever that is and if they can be there. Dang stupid virus

I’m so surprised by all the traffic on the roads still. People are antsy and just going out to go out. Groups of teens and young kids are hanging out playing everywhere. Very little social distancing.

I really think we need to restrict non essential travel to healthcare workers, grocery and pharmacy shopping. This order can only come down from the highest office....“Guidance” and “recommendations” aren’t working. People simply aren’t staying home.
As my source said it’s a step down process. Trump is letting states do their part. If they don’t then Friday to Sunday a national lockdown will be ordered. Also if the cases keep rising. If it shows signs of plateau or dropping then it won’t happen. Trump was not big on closing border with Canada but Canada was going to anyway he said. Canada also wants trade halted because of chance of virus being on items. Will be interesting how this unfolds. Lots of saber rattling going on. China dislike is growing. Oil wars. Earthquakes. Locust. Volcanoes. Stores still having hard time stocking up on foods. Unemployment growing. We’re in a recession but will it become a depression? Uneasy times and antsy times for the whole world. This virus may never go away. A lot of unknowns. I would hate to be a leader in these countries because I can’t imagine the stress they are under. They are darn if they do and darn if they don’t. Praying for ALL leaders and Nations!

Anyone know a supplier that still has inventory of exam grade nitrile or latex gloves and can ship within a month? I am all out of ideas the market is slim pickings right now. I feel like I've failed at my job

I think if and it’s a big if. If we turn into Italy then we will probably have a national shutdown. But hopefully we don’t become Italy! What’s happening in Italy is sad

Anyone know a supplier that still has inventory of exam grade nitrile or latex gloves and can ship within a month? I am all out of ideas the market is slim pickings right now. I feel like I've failed at my job

Carewayclub ?

Well my daughters got the official word from Campbell today, no more classes, finish the year online and graduation postponed. My oldest, a senior, just had a mini meltdown, realizing she will not see several of her friends anymore or at least until graduation whenever that is and if they can be there. Dang stupid virus
I can’t imagine all the hurt and heartbreak so many are going to feel. From kids graduation, to sports seasons, to loss of friends or family, to loss of jobs. This just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back