• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically eating out at 50% and hair and nail places at 50% is only major changes?
Also the Stay at Home order has been replaced with a Safer at Home order. There were some other things, too, but I don’t remember them all, so we’ll see what the document eventually says. Definitely a somewhat watered down phase 2 compared to what I expected, though.

So part of phase 2. Meaning gyms could reopen next week or at anytime.

So part of phase 2. Meaning gyms could reopen next week or at anytime.
Yeah, I’m wondering if the metrics stay stabilized if bars and gyms could open before we enter phase 3 (so like next week, as you suggested)? IIRC, bars and gyms were originally included in phase 2?

Phase 3 is not supposed to come into effect until 4-6+ weeks after phase 2 starts, so if they have to wait until phase 3 that’s a long time left for these businesses and there will probably be many more permanent closures.

BREAKING NEWS: 570 people test positive from Tyson in Wilkesboro. Final tally. Unclear how that will impact county wide number but prob not good.

So 25% of all Tyson employees were positive here. Which is inline with other states

Can someone please explain in a logical fashion how "confirmed" cases can decrease? Either they are "confirmed" or they are not; perhaps "suspect" but "confirmed"? There is no middle ground to "confirmed". This reporting is insane and really about as relaible as an 18Z GFS snowstorm at 15 days in January ... and even the GFS does not "confirm" ...

Rant over ... graphic follows ...

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 7.46.32 PM.png

Georgia closing down the 200 bed makeshift hospital at Georgia World Congress Center, they seen 17 patients while it was open.

Worldometer updated Brazil's numbers. Now it's 21,473 new cases and 911 new deaths.

New York Times had Wilkes County like number 8 in the nation to watch I think tomorrow will be number 1.

Im sorry,but im having a hard time rationalizing with the delay, espeacilly in NC to open back up, like watering down phase 2.
The whole purpose of shutting down was to avoid a surge on hospitals. We did that. We arent going to stop this virus as much as we all would like to. A vaccine is at best 6 months away and thats being very optimistic. The only way out of this is herd immunity. Which can be done safely while still isolating the elderly and most vunerable.
Thats the way it seems to me.
Every life is so valuable and this is a tough situation,choice,decession we are faced with.
But we have reached the point where we are gonna have to take this step and get it over with. Staying shut down just kicks this can down the road and creates bigger problems with unemployment, small and large businesses permanently shutting down for good.

Former WHO doctor says coronavirus cases are not increasing as expected in areas that reopen
"It's as though something has changed, and none of us can explain why.”
World Health Organization

World Health Organization
(Fabrice Coffrini / Getty Images)
By Sophie Mann
Last Updated:
May 20, 2020 - 5:02pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back