• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if and it’s a big if. If we turn into Italy then we will probably have a national shutdown. But hopefully we don’t become Italy! What’s happening in Italy is sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We won’t be like Italy. Like I’ve said before, Italy was a ticking time bomb. This virus was a perfect storm for them unfortunately.

Anyone know a supplier that still has inventory of exam grade nitrile or latex gloves and can ship within a month? I am all out of ideas the market is slim pickings right now. I feel like I've failed at my job
My company has them but we will limit the cases you can buy.

Yes but that’s what is up in air. Teachers in TN have to work 200 days. Well obviously that is not happening and state can’t answer if they will be paid.

Home learning doesn’t count? Here in Georgia they are getting paid thankfully. My wife is a 8th grade teacher here.

Home learning doesn’t count? Here in Georgia they are getting paid thankfully. My wife is a 8th grade teacher here.

We are not even on home learning at moment. It’s disarray.

Copy and paste from Twitter. LMAO !!! The man knows how to troll the media! HaHa

Close up of President @realDonaldTrump notes is seen where he crossed out "Corona" and replaced it with "Chinese" Virus as he speaks with his coronavirus task force today at the White House. #trump #trumpnotes
View image on TwitterView image on Twitter
The master brander at work.

People here in Mississippi don’t have a care in the world about this pandemic meanwhile I’m in quarantine because I was out of the country last week

I’m so surprised by all the traffic on the roads still. People are antsy and just going out to go out. Groups of teens and young kids are hanging out playing everywhere. Very little social distancing.

I really think we need to restrict non essential travel to healthcare workers, grocery and pharmacy shopping. This order can only come down from the highest office....“Guidance” and “recommendations” aren’t working. People simply aren’t staying home.
It is clear to me after driving around today, we are in trouble. Our economy is going to crater and it is going to take years to recover. There are so many people just rolling around, milling about, and acting like there is nothing going on. This is going to be a long, rolling ordeal with this half baked quasi-shutdown of random things. I don't have a lot of hope that summer will end this, and we certainly are not looking at herd immunity anytime soon.

At the current rate, we are about 1 out through the top of the first inning. Unless we depart from this current approach, we are screwed.

Same here, wifey is a teacher, still getting paid thank the Lord

Same here, wifey is a teacher, still getting paid thank the Lord

The superintendent told her today to plan to stay out for the school year. She isn’t happy. The home learning thing has been a pain with technology issues etc. she was told not to give homework that takes more then 30 mins a day.

The superintendent told her today to plan to stay out for the school year. She isn’t happy. The home learning thing has been a pain with technology issues etc. she was told not to give homework that takes more then 30 mins a day.

Yeah ours told definitely not going back April 1 as originally planned and are looking at remote schooling, whatever that means

Well my daughters got the official word from Campbell today, no more classes, finish the year online and graduation postponed. My oldest, a senior, just had a mini meltdown, realizing she will not see several of her friends anymore or at least until graduation whenever that is and if they can be there. Dang stupid virus
We can thank China for all of this...Xi's a slimeball

It is clear to me after driving around today, we are in trouble. Our economy is going to crater and it is going to take years to recover. There are so many people just rolling around, milling about, and acting like there is nothing going on. This is going to be a long, rolling ordeal with this half baked quasi-shutdown of random things. I don't have a lot of hope that summer will end this, and we certainly are not looking at herd immunity anytime soon.

At the current rate, we are about 1 out through the top of the first inning. Unless we depart from this current approach, we are screwed.
cheer up ... heard the same thing in 2012 ...

Yeah ours told definitely not going back April 1 as originally planned and are looking at remote schooling, whatever that means
Haven't gotten that talk yet, but I'm betting we aren't going back in April. I'm a first year teacher (been in education for 12 years before becoming a teacher) and this is NOT how I wanted to end the first year! I was looking forward to celebrating with my 3rd graders! I got my fingers crossed this whole thing isn't as bad as it could be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back