• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Chloroquine “news” isn’t even news. China has been publishing what has been helpful to them for MONTHS.

The findings of Chloroquine being helpful for covid was published a month ago, February 19th.

1c965823c357f5a580e9fab5a96b76c4.jpg

It looks like the French published a peer reviewed trial and the US just said “oh ok we should try it”

Thanks China and France! Global communication is nice!

Last edited:
This Chloroquine “news” isn’t even news. China has been publishing what has been helpful to them for MONTHS.

The findings of Chloroquine being helpful for covid was published a month ago, February 19th.

It's not quite that simple (but then, these things never are).

1584619236758.png

It's not quite that simple (but then, these things never are).

View attachment 37380

Wasn’t commenting on the validity of using chloroquine, just the use being breaking news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anybody still wondering why tests are important it only takes a quick google search. I mean, come on people. It's 2020. You shouldn't have to get your pandemic news from a weather message board site but here you go. (no offense southernwx, luv ya)

I really wish we could put this to rest. If you think tests don't matter then admit your guessing and that your guess isn't supported by the scientific or medical community. Or cite sources if you have them. Again, I'd love to see them because we are all trying to learn.

Wasn’t commenting on the validity of using chloroquine, just the use being breaking news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't ever rely on the major US news media to have coherent, up-to-the-minute coverage on peer review studies or medical clinical trials (or most other topics, for that matter).

A graphic illustration of the situation in Italy. ☹

Something doesn’t quite add up. Don’t get me wrong what is happening in Italy is horrible, but Italy is not losing thousands of people a day and wouldn’t need a complete convey to carry coffins. I’d think that image is probably aid and not coffins

Something doesn’t quite add up. Don’t get me wrong what is happening in Italy is horrible, but Italy is not losing thousands of people a day and wouldn’t need a complete convey to carry coffins. I’d think that image is probably aid and not coffins
They had almost 1000 die the past two days so it's possible these trucks are carrying the dead unfortunately.

Bottom of article says:
When asked about the church’s email, the Forsyth County Department of Public Health director said they are going to do a news briefing Thursday at 2 p.m.

When asked if the information was accurate to the best of his knowledge, he said, “I will verify tomorrow.”

It almost seems like the HD was surprised to be asked about this. Did he not think there was going to be media attention? Doesn't give a great impression in my opinion.

How many caskets do you think would fit in each truck? 20? 25? Even at 50 caskets per truck you would need 20 trucks. And that's just for 2 days. I only see about a dozen trucks in that picture.

1584622573192.png

Bottom of article says:
When asked about the church’s email, the Forsyth County Department of Public Health director said they are going to do a news briefing Thursday at 2 p.m.

When asked if the information was accurate to the best of his knowledge, he said, “I will verify tomorrow.”

It almost seems like the HD was surprised to be asked about this. Did he not think there was going to be media attention? Doesn't give a great impression in my opinion.
I don’t want to say too much, but part of the problem here may be that more than one county health department is involved (i.e. lack of communication). But as for the contents of my email, it is all 100 percent true.

It's all terribly true, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back