• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Conspiracy Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I can. The election had some minor fraud. We can physically check and that's been done in several places and have found a few random cases here or there.

Its gonna take us a bit longer to search the universe
Odds say there was more than minor fraud. And it may actually take less time to search the universe than it will to get our hands on ballots and voting machines, the way everyone is stonewalling! ?

I'm trying to understand how the differences in religions, which almost all support a divine entity, has any bearing on the argument of God vs. Aliens. Ironing out the differences in religion is a lengthy process. Stipulating that almost all believe in a God which reveals evidence if his existence through creation still brings us to the same place as before.
I have always found it interesting that human beings on earth not tainted by other outside influences believe in a divine being. In many instances it dominates every aspect of their lives. They only know what they see and believe from those that came before them

Sooooo how old is it?
I think it's impossible for us to know. Everyone likes to fall back on the "but science tells us this, so it must be so" notion. And while sometimes that is useful and practical, we forget to acknowledge that in many cases, the science of today contradicts what we knew 100 years ago and 100 years before that...just as what we know in 100 years will contradict what we are certain about today, particularly in the realm of theoretical ideas.

I think it's impossible for us to know. Everyone likes to fall back on the "but science tells us this, so it must be so" notion. And while sometimes that is useful and practical, we forget to acknowledge that in many cases, the science of today contradicts what we knew 100 years ago and 109 years before that...just as what we know in 109 years will contradict what we are certain about today, particularly in the realm of theoretical ideas.
Fair enough.

I think it's impossible for us to know. Everyone likes to fall back on the "but science tells us this, so it must be so" notion. And while sometimes that is useful and practical, we forget to acknowledge that in many cases, the science of today contradicts what we knew 100 years ago and 100 years before that...just as what we know in 100 years will contradict what we are certain about today, particularly in the realm of theoretical ideas.
You're doing a great job with this, I'm too simple minded and just have "blind faith" lol. Trying to argue the existence or nonexistence of a divine entity is always a tall order, doing it to an almost entirely scientific room is a venti order. I'm not gonna venture into it but I'll help by saying a prayer for all those who don't believe and not because I "feel sorry for them" but as my God instructs me to do, I love all and it is the best way to approach it imho.

Your idea on the age of the universe is as valid as anything i have to say. What do you think?
Man I have no idea and I find myself more confused about all of this stuff which is why I was looking forward to this conversation.
Is the universe infinite? Probably, I personally can't figure out what would be containing it but then again in what does the universe exist?
Is it 14 billion years old? Give or take a few billion years, sure. We are using human discoveries to make new human discoveries there will always be error in that since we are imperfect beings.
Is there intelligent life out there? Depends on the level of intelligence, if the universe is truly billions of years old we may not overlap with other intelligent beings. I don't think we as humans know in what conditions life could exist elsewhere we can only assume from what we know, doubtfu it's little green men zooming around abducting people from rural settings.
Where did it all start? No clue.
Is there a supreme being/creator? Maybe. I kick this around all the time, I'd like to believe so, it certainly gives life a purpose and direction. It also doesn't give life a finite feeling which would really lead to hopelessness and less morality if true. The complexity of existence of being becomes hard to explain at a point but that complexity always leads me to question.

Like I said earlier in this thread my internal struggle about all of this is real. I want to believe in something whether it's religion or science but I find myself asking myself questions each time I really lean one way or the other.

Man I have no idea and I find myself more confused about all of this stuff which is why I was looking forward to this conversation.
Is the universe infinite? Probably, I personally can't figure out what would be containing it but then again in what does the universe exist?
Is it 14 billion years old? Give or take a few billion years, sure. We are using human discoveries to make new human discoveries there will always be error in that since we are imperfect beings.
Is there intelligent life out there? Depends on the level of intelligence, if the universe is truly billions of years old we may not overlap with other intelligent beings. I don't think we as humans know in what conditions life could exist elsewhere we can only assume from what we know, doubtfu it's little green men zooming around abducting people from rural settings.
Is there a supreme being/creator? Maybe. I kick this around all the time, I'd like to believe so, it certainly gives life a purpose and direction. It also doesn't give life a finite feeling which would really lead to hopelessness and less morality if true. The complexity of existence of being becomes hard to explain at a point but that complexity always leads me to question.

Like I said earlier in this thread my internal struggle about all of this is real. I want to believe in something whether it's religion or science but I find myself asking myself questions each time I really lean one way or the other.
"Seeing isn't believing: believing is seeing." Elf Judy :)

Odds say there is. Billions of stars and planets.
If I have billions and billions of lead pellets and a billion years to watch them. What are the odds that one of them will turn to gold? That's what we are talking about here. Making life from nothing. That would take a miracle..... and that my friends is where God comes into the picture.

I would tend to think everyone goes through this at some point in their life at some level if not multiple times.

All of the questioning is a good thing, IMO. I don't think we currently have a way to really ascertain the answers, regarding the nature of the universe, other than conjecture.

Regarding creation vs. evolution, what we see all around us is that things generally seem to move toward a state of decay, rather than a state of order. That observation seems to stand opposed to the order from chaos and everything from nothing ideas.

But stronger than that is the artist/painting analogy. I honestly don't like cliché-type analogies. But in the case of creation, this one works pretty well. If you see a painting, you don't automatically assume that a random assortment of things over the course of billions of years led to the creation of a frame and paint, and then a random intersection of those two items in just the right way created a framed painting of the Mona Lisa. You assume that someone created that.

Now you can say, well, I assume that it was indeed painted because, though the course of my life, I've learned about art and artists, and I understand that concept well enough to know that when you show me a painting, I know someone made that.

But, think back to when you were little, before you knew about art and artists. You likely sat down with a piece of paper and a pencil and drew a space ship or a stick figure of mom and dad or a weather map showing cold and snow over your house. You didn't sit there and stare down at the desk and wait for the pencil and paper to create the image for you. That wasn't your expectation. You somehow knew that if you wanted the paper to show something, you had to draw it -- it had to be created.

Why is it, when we look around us and see the order and the majesty and the balance of all creation, we decide take the above understanding that we had as a little child and put it in a drawer and decide to do a complete 180 and decide that the picture will draw itself, given enough time? I don't know the answer to that, but to me, that is a lot less sensible than believing what my senses tell me -- that life did not happen on it's own, that we did not come from a rock, and that everything, which is in a state of decay, evolved into order from a random combination of elements over a period of billions of years....and mostly just by good luck.

Where does space start or end? Where did God come from? We have spent the day trying to solve the biggest mysteries known to mankind and once again end up with way more questions than answers. Not sure based on our behavior and past history we are ready for those answers. It's funny. No matter what you believe you know, there is an element of faith needed to support that belief. I think there is a lesson in that.

Happy New Year folks.
Tell someone how much they mean to you tonight, you will be glad you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back