• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Conspiracy Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can never figure out why people laugh at the idea of aliens existing but believe everything in the Bible. Both seem far fetched but possible.

It is just as easy to believe in intelligent life somewhere else in the universe as it is to believe all the religious stories.
One important difference is, there aren't any records or historical evidence of intelligent life in the universe. The only path to believing it is to essentially say, "The universe is so big that we can't be the only intelligent life that exists within it." It really is that simple.

One important difference is, there aren't any records or historical evidence of intelligent life in the universe. The only path to believing it is to essentially say, "The universe is so big that we can't be the only intelligent life that exists within it." It really is that simple.
There is very little evidence of God, it's called faith for a reason

Odds say there is. Billions of stars and planets.

There is very little evidence of God, it's called faith for a reason
Now that's where the argument gets silly. There is a ton more evidence for God than there is for aliens. All you have to do is get out of bed and open your eyes in the morning. Now you might choose to have faith that everything came from nothing, but again, that requires as much or more faith. There is not one shred of evidence for the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. Not a shred. Not something you can see or hold or feel or smell or taste or perceive. Nothing. It's just a wish.

Now that's where the argument gets silly. There is a ton more evidence for God than there is for aliens. All you have to do is get out of bed and open your eyes in the morning. Now you might choose to have faith that everything came from nothing, but again, that requires as much or more faith. There is not one shred of evidence for the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. Not a shred. Not something you can see or hold or feel or smell or taste or perceive. Nothing. It's just a wish.
The same argument can be used with religion. There are many religions that believe differently, which is right?

Do you believe the universe is somewhat infinite?

The same argument can be used with religion. There are many religions that believe differently, which is right?
Well that's changing the debate a little, now isn't it. :)

Do you believe the universe is somewhat infinite?
I don't know, honestly. I suspect it isn't. But we can't say for sure. I suspect that if humanity exists long enough, our understanding of the structure of the universe and space/time will evolve dramatically.

Not really, they can't all be right. Which one has the story correct?
I'm trying to understand how the differences in religions, which almost all support a divine entity, has any bearing on the argument of God vs. Aliens. Ironing out the differences in religion is a lengthy process. Stipulating that almost all believe in a God which reveals evidence if his existence through creation still brings us to the same place as before.

I don't know, honestly. I suspect it isn't. But we can't say for sure. I suspect that if humanity exists long enough, our understanding of the structure of the universe and space/time will evolve dramatically.
Do you believe the universe is roughly 14 billion years old?

You can't use the odds argument here while ignoring it with the election. Plus, that's less evidentiary than your senses, which reveal more evidence of God than odds of alien life.

Sure I can. The election had some minor fraud. We can physically check and that's been done in several places and have found a few random cases here or there.

Its gonna take us a bit longer to search the universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back