• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Caperil 2021

I just want to know if I can go ahead and re-plant my lantanas now since the last freeze killed them. Are we really going to see another frost/freeze in the Triangle?

Cold always has been lasting longer and longer throughout the years ... we used to get warm in March .. now it’s late April .. and this year well you see View attachment 81571
I remember probably 15 years ago it got down into the low 40s at night in North Georgia in late May.. sometimes in July and August it gets down in the 50s so it's not that big of a deal.

I remember probably 15 years ago it got down into the low 40s at night in North Georgia in late May.. sometimes in July and August it gets down in the 50s so it's not that big of a deal.
Those days are done, old -NAOs was guaranteed snow in winter, now they don’t work any more, cold patterns don’t work in the east anymore

I just want to know if I can go ahead and re-plant my lantanas now since the last freeze killed them. Are we really going to see another frost/freeze in the Triangle?
They are REALLY sensitive to cold! I bet 38-40 would burn/kill the foliage, but they should resprout from the roots!
You need to get some that might be perennial, like “ miss huff” and ‘ chapel hill yellow’
Miss huff has survived 10 years in my GSP garden, CHY, 6 years! They die to the ground and come back from the roots

Back