• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Caperil 2021

Euro is a really good run to get some MCVs under that upper level low originating from the western SE/Oklahoma all the way to the Carolinas

I think part of what the models are struggling with too is the MJO.

Typically, Phases 5 is warm here, and Phase 6 is warm across much of the eastern 2/3rds of the US.

1617390763677.png

1617390821094.png

Ugh we have to wait all the way until late next week .. bleh
But when you see snow 360 hours out
Omg lock it in maybe it’s coming !!!!!
pattern supports storms in all honesty next week, might be multiple days, especially if a cutoff stalls to our NW, unless you want the GFS colder solution and 1-2 days of storms then done

I’ve never seen a 4.0 ship before View attachment 81134

That’s about as good looking of a sounding as you’ll ever see for large hail around the SE US. Hodograph is classic with lots of low level shear and purely directional above 1-1.5km/long straight hodo in mid-upper levels. Lots of cape, low freezing levels, steep mid level lapse rates and a plentiful dew point depression in a large hail growth zone. Yikes

That’s about as good looking of a sounding as you’ll ever see for large hail around the SE US. Hodograph is classic with lots of low level shear and purely directional above 1-1.5km/long straight hodo in mid-upper levels. Lots of cape, low freezing levels, steep mid level lapse rates and a plentiful dew point depression in a large hail growth zone. Yikes
Yep, similar Hodograph that gave me quarter sized hail a week + ago with a golf ball report to my west in huntersville

From GSP
Guidance has continued to trend towards a
complex weather pattern which greatly lowers forecast confidence
beyond Wednesday. Wednesday, possibly into Thursday will be warm and
mostly dry with gradually increasing clouds under short-wave
ridging. An occluding or vertically stacked low pressure system is
expected to eject out of the plains towards our part of the world
Thursday or Friday. This system will at least briefly become cut-off
from the main jet stream (which will suppressed well into Canada
under a anomalously strong ridge). This typically supports slower
and more erratic movement of storm systems which lowers overall
forecaster confidence. Delayed forecasted cooling trends
associated with this system in particular with the idea that the
system will likely be slow on approach. When the system does
arrive we may be well entrenched in the warm sector, possibly
promoting a risk for strong to severe thunderstorms or excessive
rainfall.
If the system meanders close by as some models
suggest, associate rain/thunder chances could persist for two-
three days with considerably cooler conditions when the cold
core stacked low passes overhead the area.

Currently 70*F at DFW.

The high/mid-level cloud deck has moved in now. Should stick around for much of the weekend.

But when you see snow 360 hours out
Omg lock it in maybe it’s coming !!!!!
pattern supports storms in all honesty next week, might be multiple days, especially if a cutoff stalls to our NW, unless you want the GFS colder solution and 1-2 days of storms then done
Hahahaha fro.. my guy I’m on your side I want storms .. I was just complaining have to wait until next week... haha I might need to joke less often so people don’t think I’m attacking them ??

31 here and watching the local news. Had a live shot from Radford with flurries in the non weather related news shot. I have 2 wood stoves going currently keeping the house warm for free.
Can verify. We indeed had snow flurries and even some decent snow showers late last night.

Back