• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Caperil 2021

I good 3-4 week drought is needed! No water source = dead MFers
Yep sitting by the pond hearing the spring peepers and frogs and got bit by like 3-4, I don’t really mind them tho , typically their bites around here aren’t that problematic, Honduras is a much different case tho

Regarding life in general, the birds are fine. I love them being active. Actually, I love watching and listening to them while sitting outside. I mean they’re fascinating! And warmth like today or even up to 85 F or so is great as long as the RH stays low. But the bugs part of life can continue to be on vacation as far as I’m concerned as they still are to a good extent here. The bees and wasps are still missing and the skeeters are not too bad yet. I see nothing good about especially those bugs coming out early.

So, bugs, no. But birds, hell yeah!
I got wasps and bees out and about on the back porch ... always making me watch my back while I’m tryna enjoy the low humidity ... they love the semi new wood our deck is made out of ... wouldn’t be surprised if they try setting up headquarters somewhere near .. @Myfrotho704_ is probably the leader of them all?

Holy doodoo balls, I just noticed something. Are we headed to the trifecta of -NAO, -AO, and +PNA in 7-10 days? The GEFS sure seems to think so. If so, that is not exactly favorable for any strong and long lasting warmth in the SE US. I was assuming we're done with the stupid/historic cold (by April standards), but this has me wondering if we still have a decent BN period still to come midmonth, which @SD has been honking about. I said yesterday that I felt the chilly map being shown was likely fake or at least overdone due to cold bias, but after seeing these indices I'm not as confident about that. Check these out:

nao.sprd2.gif

ao.sprd2.gif

pna.sprd2.gif

Last edited:
GEFS: remember those runs from just 4 days ago for midmonth that were solidly cold in the SE due largely to a -NAO? Then they disappeared as @Myfrotho704_ Fro was correctly and enthusiastically pointing out. Now, my turn for enthusiasm as it seems they're back as this one (0Z) is the coldest one since those cold runs of Thu with not much time slippage:

gfsen_00_2mtpdp_us_h_0234.png

Last edited:
Check out his comparison of last Thursday's 12Z GEFS and the brand new one for the same period showing the BN showing up again with only slight time slippage albeit with a somewhat different pattern where -NAO is still there but +PNA is more prominent: I bet @NickyBGuarantee would be jumping up and down with excitement if he saw this:

Thu 12Z run:

gfsen_12_2mtpdp_na_h_0312.png

Brand new 0Z run:

gfsen_00_2mtpdp_na_h_0204.png

WARNING: THESE ARE JUST MODELED CARTOONS AND THUS SHOULD BE USED WITH EXTREME CAUTION AS THEY MAY BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR FORECASTING HEALTH!

Last edited:
Thank you @GaWx for sharing the enthusiasm ... let me a get a little weenie on everyone since like you pointed they did the same ... FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS *simulation run very far out will be wrong but in general with this type of pattern look for late cool downs like this* .. who wants late season chilly air .. bet we see some frosts out of this if it were allowed to go forward .. this is LATE April .. good lord it’s beautiful .. ski resorts will love this! ??96AC37B9-A9F3-49DD-A844-987AFD61DAAB.png90E25B91-A841-4E80-90CD-5015B6FCA935.png7387EA9B-1962-494E-94A3-E5A3C2108233.png

Thank you @GaWx for sharing the enthusiasm ... let me a get a little weenie on everyone since like you pointed they did the same ... FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS *simulation run very far out will be wrong but in general with this type of pattern look for late cool downs like this* .. who wants late season chilly air .. bet we see some frosts out of this if it were allowed to go forward .. this is LATE April .. good lord it’s beautiful .. ski resorts will love this! ??View attachment 81343View attachment 81344View attachment 81345

0Z EPS is on board!

ecmen_00_2mtpdp_us_h_0234.png

ecmen_00_2mtpdp_us_h_0258.png

ecmen_00_2mtpdp_us_h_0282.png

ecmen_00_2mtpdp_us_h_0306.png

ecmen_00_2mtpdp_us_h_0330.png

ecmen_00_2mtpdp_us_h_0354.png

Last edited:
Back