• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Caperil 2021

The 12Z GFS will probably be colder than the last runs later, but that's not as important as the warmer changes in the earlier, more reliable part of the model. The later part is just cartoons.

I fear we go from a -NAO >> +PNA >>> straight into summer

Fro, try to relax, man! No need to fear. It will be ok whether it happens as you stated or not. I promise. We'll get through this no matter what the wx (well, unless we're hit by a tornado). As JB loves to say, enjoy the wx as it is the only wx you get.

12Z GEFS:

gfsen_12_h500_nx_h_0138.png

I fear we go from a -NAO >> +PNA >>> straight into summer
Yeah as the NAO retrogrades west, it should become a +PNA which leaves the trough in the east an opening for it to escape, so it gets replaced by a SER after the 20th. Last week of April should be pretty warm in the SE.

Yeah as the NAO retrogrades west, it should become a +PNA which leaves the trough in the east an opening for it to escape, so it gets replaced by a SER after the 20th. Last week of April should be pretty warm in the SE.
Yep how it works almost everytime

Reactions: SD
Unlike 12Z Goofy, 12Z Goofy ens mean isn't warmer than its 0Z version.

Solid troll by RAH

Pine pollen (yellow) has been increasing through the Sandhills and
eastern Piedmont in the last few days. Some light accumulation has
been noted on all surfaces (probably already more pollen has accumulated
than the total snowfall observed this past winter season for most
of us)!

We've basically had the same weather since Thanksgiving
Yeah I’m so ready to get back the same backwards L BN height Anomaly pattern from the arctic to the west coast again with us ridged

Back