• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August '22

very bold given a return to just average conditions between now and end of September will have you sweating . Also it’s mid august … you still got a ways to go . See ya when it’s 86 October 1!
Your right about the 86 on October 1st probably a little later in October. Might as well go bold. Why not? Yes I still have a ways to go your right. I haven't stopped sweating. After today's high of 84, The rest of the week is in the low to mid 70s and may not even hit 70 midweek. Cloudy and cooler. My kind of weather. Hottest day is 82 the next two weeks taking with a grain of salt. I'll take 15 degrees below average later this week to 7 degrees below average next week any day in August. I'll see ya this winter also when it's 27 degrees out and the wind is blowing 20 mph and when the low is down to 30 degrees or colder next April. Just messing with ya. I know you like the heat. I like the cold. Your hot days are numbered. Better enjoy!!

Your right about the 86 on October 1st probably a little later in October. Might as well go bold. Why not? Yes I still have a ways to go your right. I haven't stopped sweating. After today's high of 84, The rest of the week is in the low to mid 70s and may not even hit 70 midweek. Cloudy and cooler. My kind of weather. Hottest day is 82 the next two weeks taking with a grain of salt. I'll take 15 degrees below average later this week to 7 degrees below average next week any day in August. I'll see ya this winter also when it's 27 degrees out and the wind is blowing 20 mph and when the low is down to 30 degrees or colder next April. Just messing with ya. I know you like the heat. I like the cold. Your hot days are numbered. Better enjoy!!
Enjoy bruv though I doubt the hottest will only be 82. Could be a coldest week of august for you . As for hot I honestly like pleasant days. We get more of those in winter than summer tbh. Days in the 60s and 70s. I can’t wait for pleasant . Objectively pleasant days . Enjoy though! Best of wishes to you my foothills friend .

Enjoy bruv though I doubt the hottest will only be 82. Could be a coldest week of august for you . As for hot I honestly like pleasant days. We get more of those in winter than summer tbh. Days in the 60s and 70s. I can’t wait for pleasant . Objectively pleasant days . Enjoy though! Best of wishes to you my foothills friend .
Thank you. It's definitely looking that way. I agree on the 82 being to low down the road. Your exactly right. There are a lot more pleasant days in the winter than in the summer to enjoy with highs in the 60s and 70s and no humidity to deal with. Best of wishes to you also my eastern nc friend.

Let’s hope it is only 86. It was 100 last year or the year before.
Same thing I was thinking too. It was the year before last and it was a brutal day. I remember it well.

So, you are in Adairsville now? I got hit with a few good events while there over a period of 6 years (6 years ago! ;) ).

Last edited:
very bold given a return to just average conditions between now and end of September will have you sweating . Also it’s mid august … you still got a ways to go . See ya when it’s 86 October 1!
If it's 86 in October, most likely it's accompanied by low dewpoints. I've never had a problem with heat in October. It's never as uncomfortable as it is in July or August.

Same thing I was thinking too. It was the year before last and it was a brutal day. I remember it well.

So, you are in Adairsville now? I got hit with a few good events while there over a period of 6 years (6 years ago! ;) ).
Yessir. Got a Calhoun address as I’m barely in Gordon but I’m closer to Adairsville. Got an absolutely epic sledding hill so I’m hoping to score on some Miller A action.

Going to have to get the sun out up this way to see anything severe. Looks like the WF is hanging close by and is the likely catalyst for the recent uptick in showers. Not a bad look if you want rain but the Cinh means we are just going to elevate and weaken any convection that hops the boundary

Going to have to get the sun out up this way to see anything severe. Looks like the WF is hiding close by and has likely been the catalyst for the showers in the last hour but until we can erode this little bit of CINH that's left we are just going to keep throwing showers over the residual cold pool and locking it in
86/68 here. Full sun for a while, better dynamics are NE of here

This is beginning to look somewhat like a weaker version of the April 2011 system that pounded the SC/NC border area. Not expecting that kind of intensity though.

This is beginning to look somewhat like a weaker version of the April 2011 system that pounded the SC/NC border area. Not expecting that kind of intensity though.
I remember that one well. Had baseball size hail out of it. That one real packed a punch that day.

Back