• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August '22

Camping away from home but it’s raining big back home for the third time in a week

Tired of this Stupid Hot, Swamp asred Weather..
Clouds & Showers forming directly over head, only too drift inland, getting bouts of "light rain", (Light forcing directly above Me) only to "sprinkle" lightly, then the Steamy heat.. Rinse & repeat.. Recall,, I reside "just inland by a mile or so"..
Current Obs.
87/76F

Dewpoint 77.9
Humidity 91% (Honestly it's 100% in between those Showers)
Pressure 30.04
Clouds & sunshine
Winds ESE @ 8~10~15 mph, (depending on how close the the beach you are)..
Precip~Trace

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 9
It's been humid well into October the last several years making going to the state fair miserable. Dew points have also been in the mid 70s for months when that was usually more common near the coast.
Different climates. In the western Carolina’s the humidity is generally gone by the first to second week of September

Different climates. In the western Carolina’s the humidity is generally gone by the first to second week of September
I recall ,, as a young Tyke, generally first couple weeks of September, in the Early 1970's
Living in Fayettnam, NC .. Usually brought nice cool crisp Fall Weather. (Around the first of the School year)..

I recall ,, as a young Tyke, generally first couple weeks of September, in the Early 1970's
Living in Fayettnam, NC .. Usually brought nice cool crisp Fall Weather. (Around the first of the School year)..
School starts first week of August here. You must have went back to school late.

School starts first week of August here. You must have went back to school late.
NO, actually, school started in Sept.. (Or later), Because ALOT of Us Kids back in the Day picked crops (Like Tobacco & Sweet taters etc) .. We were once paid to bring in those crops.. AND the School boards had "Set Dates" on school starting, depending on crop harvest(s)..
job(s) that "Americans" wouldn't do.. LMAO.. ;)

Kids back then then, (Including Myself), worked the fields to buy our first car, Or, buy new school cloths etc..
Back in the Early~mid 1970's picking & barning Tobacco brought you about 200.00 a week in work.. Good monies back in those days..
(As a teenager).. Bought you school cloths or a good used car..
(Fondly remembering My cheap 1970 something Duster).. Purchased for less than 500 I saved all summer. My first car..

I'm certain @Shaggy Or @Downeastnc can attest to such.. Or doing the Seafood thing..

Last edited:
Back