• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August '22

Winter storm Warning for NE Alaska.

1Weather

A Winter Storm warning is in place for northeastern parts of the Brooks Range, Alaska, through Sunday morning. A storm system, cool air and plenty of moisture will result in the region's first significant snowfall of the season. Over 8 inches of snowfall is likely at higher elevations and this could cause travel difficulties in the Dalton Highway.

See no reason to think rain is realistic around here through day 16. Maybe a few storms today likely west of US1. Maybe a few storms on Wed Thursday with the front but based on history they usually under perform and its looking less impressive on the models to me. Once the front passes you can forget rain chances for 5-7 days. Think less than .5 of rain here for the month is a slam dunk. Really hoping for less than .13 to finish the summer at a pathetic 6

See no reason to think rain is realistic around here through day 16. Maybe a few storms today likely west of US1. Maybe a few storms on Wed Thursday with the front but based on history they usually under perform and its looking less impressive on the models to me. Once the front passes you can forget rain chances for 5-7 days. Think less than .5 of rain here for the month is a slam dunk. Really hoping for less than .13 to finish the summer at a pathetic 6
Me too. Not mowing has been awesome.

I think there will be a few days scattered in there with more convective activity due to factors that the models can't resolve well. But widespread soaking rains look unrealistic for the foreseeable future.

Me too. Not mowing has been awesome.

I think there will be a few days scattered in there with more convective activity due to factors that the models can't resolve well. But widespread soaking rains look unrealistic for the foreseeable future.
RAH is pumped about the drier forcast next weekend must be nice to live somewhere that gets rain and can say that.

RAH is pumped about the drier forcast next weekend must be nice to live somewhere that gets rain and can say that.
Given their record lately, I'd expect rain chances to ramp up as we head toward the weekend. Whenever they're bullish on rain, rain chances always ramp down as we move in.

Although we have an unfortunately drier than average forecast I’ve r the next few days area wide.. I do see chances of rain not disappearing over the next couple weeks. In fact there seems to be many different pieces of energy moving in to keep rain chances up after this dry period which should help keep significant drought concerns at bay.. other than at @SD house where there will always be a perma drought.

Back