• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August 2023 Thread

IMG_2157.png
You know it’s hot when the NWS just puts out a blanket Heat Advisory until Sunday. Glad the youth football games around here got canceled for tomorrow. My cheerleaders would have been melting into the track. But feel for all the high school football games being played today and tomorrow. Hopefully, all precautions are being taken.

View attachment 136436
You know it’s hot when the NWS just puts out a blanket Heat Advisory until Sunday. Glad the youth football games around here got canceled for tomorrow. My cheerleaders would have been melting into the track. But feel for all the high school football games being played today and tomorrow. Hopefully, all precautions are being taken.
I really wish they would wait until the Friday before Labor Day to start HS football games. Football games started in Mid August this year which I think is way too early. Dont they realize how hot it gets in Georgia ?

I really wish they would wait until the Friday before Labor Day to start HS football games. Football games started in Mid August this year which I think is way too early. Dont they realize how hot it gets in Georgia ?
All games here our area are starting at 8pm tonight instead of 7pm to let things cool down another hour. My youngest son plays middle school football and their games are normally noon on Saturdays, but is being pushed up to 9am tomorrow to try and get things in before the real intense heat starts.

I agree, that’s how it use to be. But I will say most high schools have a wet bulb they have to use right before they start practice and use throughout the practice and games to determine breaks and duration of breaks. At least that is how it’s here in GA.

Clouds have definitely made an impact today for a lot of areas. Many of the I-40 crowd have had clouds much of the day preventing maximum heating and even CAE has been mostly cloudy all day and is only now clearing; which has kept their high down to 96 as opposed to the forecasted 101. GSP had some high clouds earlier as well but mostly sunny with a high so far of 94. Areas just to the West, like Pickens SC is at 96 and AVL, which has been mostly clear all day, is at 93, which I believe is a new record.

Looking forward to a big cooldown starting Monday! Late next week looking nice for a lot of areas; with some highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s showing up!

All games here our area are starting at 8pm tonight instead of 7pm to let things cool down another hour. My youngest son plays middle school football and their games are normally noon on Saturdays, but is being pushed up to 9am tomorrow to try and get things in before the real intense heat starts.
Yeah, I’m working the Forest Hills game tonight (EMS) and they pushed the games back an hour. I can appreciate that!

Back