• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August 2023 Thread

Had to travel down to Eagle Springs (Moore Co) today and let me tell ya @SD @Avalanche it's dry, I mean dry, in areas of Harnett, Lee and Moore Counties. That part of the state is a tinder box, dang!
Tbf they are called the Sandhills, it’s prolly all the silly Bermuda and sand everywhere that gives the illusion of dry!

Tbf they are called the Sandhills, it’s prolly all the silly Bermuda and sand everywhere that gives the illusion of dry!
Crazy illusion, I could've sworn I saw irrigation jets pumping that precious H2O on charred soybean fields

Had to travel down to Eagle Springs (Moore Co) today and let me tell ya @SD @Avalanche it's dry, I mean dry, in areas of Harnett, Lee and Moore Counties. That part of the state is a tinder box, dang!
Not so bad here yet, but the 2 counties just east of me are now in moderate drought. If things work out next week though this dryness will be just a memory. And late next week looks fantastic for now. 80 for highs and just under 60 for lows.

The latest 3km NAM is showing huge boom/bust potential for rainfall tomorrow in the Triangle. 8.5" around Falls Lake and even a 10+" around Hyco Lake with little to no rain in the southern and western areas

Getting another good soaking here. 2cnd one in 3 days. Coming up on 3.5-4 qpf.
And man is dry down through the sandhills coming back up 74.

99 yesterday. 0.00 rain. 45 day total is 1.8 many places around have done worse and it looks like fall with the dormant grass and leaves dropping. No confidence in storms today-Tuesday and the tropical system will likely miss SE. I'm so tired of doing this every summer it shouldn't be this hard for it to rain in this region

99 yesterday. 0.00 rain. 45 day total is 1.8 many places around have done worse and it looks like fall with the dormant grass and leaves dropping. No confidence in storms today-Tuesday and the tropical system will likely miss SE. I'm so tired of doing this every summer it shouldn't be this hard for it to rain in this region
Hopefully we get something this week because it looks dry after this for a while. It also looks to heat up again after around Sept 2-3 too.

It is now and will get worse. Everything will burn eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully we get something this week because it looks dry after this for a while. It also looks to heat up again after around Sept 2-3 too.

Yeah you can get all the rain in the world and it will just vaporize with mid 90s and no rain for weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back