• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August 2023 Thread

I hate hot/humid weather, but I do like August. It's the last of the three hot months. I can usually say next month will be cooler, tropical activity increases giving us something to track, and there's signs that all the fall's activities (in cool weather) are approaching.

Not bad for the first few days of August (RDU area):

1690722371891.png

I hate hot/humid weather, but I do like August. It's the last of the three hot months. I can usually say next month will be cooler, tropical activity increases giving us something to track, and there's signs that all the fall's activities (in cool weather) are approaching.

Not bad for the first few days of August (RDU area):

View attachment 135939
Daylight also increasingly diminishes and football gets started in August. I definitely like August more than July

Only good thing about August, other than football, is that it is closer to fall. Not unusual to have hottest weather of summer coincide with back to school, which is this upcoming week in a lot of places.

To get ready for fall, here is Accuweather’s Fall Forecast:

And if you want to see something to make you feel better, check Accuweather’s forecast for September and October for your area. At least in North Georgia fall weather not too far away ??. And I will believe it when I see it and experience it!

Water temps in New England and maritime Canada are a solid 10-15 degrees above where they should be! The low 70s is incredible for that region which usually has chilly water even in summer

gsncofa.gif

Water temps in New England and maritime Canada are a solid 10-15 degrees above where they should be! The low 70s is incredible for that region which usually has chilly water even in summer

gsncofa.gif
Fuel for upcoming hurricanes and fall nor'easters. But hopefully no Halloween storm....?

gsncofa.gif

You could actually get in the ocean at Long Island and not feel cold. I bet they notice that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well August is an interesting month; usually very hot for most of us but with a close eye you can start to see the first signs of change. Greenville SC will lose 56 minutes of day light over the course of the month, so by mid month we can start to notice the change, especially for the evening sunset. Here is a good sight to check your area: https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/ . GSP loses about 3.5 degress from the average high and about 3 degress for the average low; nothing big but we often start to see and feel it by the end of the month. We have a while yet for the heat but the end of the month will bring in a sense of it's days being numbered. Before you know it, football, lower sun angle, and the first hints of a cooler season will be upon us!

Well August is an interesting month; usually very hot for most of us but with a close eye you can start to see the first signs of change. Greenville SC will lose 56 minutes of day light over the course of the month, so by mid month we can start to notice the change, especially for the evening sunset. Here is a good sight to check your area: https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/ . GSP loses about 3.5 degress from the average high and about 3 degress for the average low; nothing big but we often start to see and feel it by the end of the month. We have a while yet for the heat but the end of the month will bring in a sense of its days being numbered. Before you know it, football, lower sun angle, and the first hints of a cooler season will be upon us!
Here in Georgia we also start seeing less rain in the 2nd half of August unless there’s tropical activity.

just got to make it another 40 days or so and fall weather patterns and temperatures will quickly start taking over. Luckily for me it was below average most of the summer until we got into July but the hottest day here was 94 which is a blessing compared to some. Hopefully we start seeing the El Niño pattern start pumping the moisture and clouds in and really help end summer.

Back