• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe April 6-8th severe threat

Interested to see if the activity in north-east Tennessee creates a bow echo for areas that were skipped (Boone, Sparta, Mount Airy).

This cluster of storms near the blue ridge escarpment and far western piedmont of NC and GSP in SC is associated with a lee trough in the wake of the Apps, it's somewhat evident on the SPC mesoanalyses.

Downburst signature NE of Greenville FF08C1B6-561D-4322-BE09-DFF50717C454.jpeg

Attachments

• B8A95D04-2C3E-41D2-9FEB-F10C3EEB8E4C.jpeg
    B8A95D04-2C3E-41D2-9FEB-F10C3EEB8E4C.jpeg
    1,021.2 KB · Views: 4
Yep that just moved through where I am...just above the dot of the 'i' in 'Greenville'. Very heavy rain and a lot of wind for about 8 minutes or so. No way to measure the rainfall at work though.

That’s not really it. It IS frustrating when you don’t know which way to call it. When you warn family members to be ready to take cover only to have heavy rain. It’s damn frustrating. I didn’t want hail or wind but it did have that feel to it. I am relieved

It is hard to believe that your emotions are being dominated by “damn” frustration about there being no dangerous wx vs relief that your family is out of danger. Think about what you’re saying, man. Common sense says your reply to metwannabe doesn’t pass the smell test.

Sunshine breaking out after that line passed. Maybe a surprise back end event will occur in the NC foothills.

I’m now near townhouse in kannapolis, looking back at that storm that just hit south of Mooresville ,has a low base with A “scud wedge” below in

It is hard to believe that your emotions are being dominated by “damn” frustration about there being no dangerous wx vs relief that your family is out of danger. Think about what you’re saying, man. Common sense says your reply to metwannabe doesn’t pass the smell test.
No smell test needed here. I can only control what I type onto my keyboard. I cannot control how much you understand. I am sorry something is being lost in translation here

That storm rolled thru and produced heavy rain with lots of thunder. saw no lightning
It was strange. Certainly looked like the ingredients were there. It seems we were pretty fortunate. Luckily something was missing here bc those same storms are now up around Charlotte and are Severe warned

It was strange. Certainly looked like the ingredients were there. It seems we were pretty fortunate. Luckily something was missing here bc those same storms are now up around Charlotte and are Severe warned
Picked up steam as it moved east it appears. what was just rain for you was rain+thunder for me and now a severe warning further east

Back