• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe April 6-8th severe threat

Tornado that hit Blount county alabama rated preliminary ef1.Screenshot_20190408-125143_Twitter.jpg

Heavy rain and cool now in Wilkesboro. The short range models busted up here. I suppose the same further south near Hickory. Maybe still a chance for the Piedmont area tho.

Cbs 42 shows a bunch of convection popping up at 2 ? i doubt that much will happen but i expect some severe storms.IMG_20190408_131240.jpg

If y'all want to complain because you didn't have hail damage or your roof blown off or hit by lightning or a tornado or whatever it is you want to complain about please do so in the banter thread. Thank you
That’s not really it. It IS frustrating when you don’t know which way to call it. When you warn family members to be ready to take cover only to have heavy rain. It’s damn frustrating. I didn’t want hail or wind but it did have that feel to it. I am relieved

The "rain vs storms" being caused by less than ideal mid level lapse rates?
If so then this is more of the answer I was looking for. I’m just looking for ways to make a better personal forecast tbh. I’m all for thunder and lightning but I’m not a fan of wind as I live on top of a hill.

So is this looking like a non event for North East Ga etc? Would be nice to know and let guard down. Barnyard work to do....Thanks for someones opinion.

Back