• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

Heres some true history of first Thanksgiving. Goes into that menu. Im a history buff and enjoy reading quotes from actual people making the history. One thing is for certain, those pilgrims where Thankfull to God and didnt mind paying tribute to their new found friends. Anyway good read,passing along. Check out the actual recipe for what we would constitute as pumpkin pie today.

This may be my favorite person to listen to. Found him on the radio driving home from work in the morning. His tone and illustrations are just perfect to me. I really feel like I’m receiving the word as I listen. I was disappointed to find he had already passed away but his lessons are free to listen to at this website. Here is an example for you. This is the first part of a 5 part lesson :

Asking for prayers for my wife. The covid mRNA shot has done a number on her. Otherwise healthy, fit, and active and never had a problem in her life. She now has blood clots, an abnormal mammogram, and now heart arrhythmia. Her doctor has referred her to a cardiologist and told her not to get the covid booster. The doctor said, “Well, there’s a lot we don’t know about the vaccine.” A little late, doc.

Asking for prayers for my wife. The covid mRNA shot has done a number on her. Otherwise healthy, fit, and active and never had a problem in her life. She now has blood clots, an abnormal mammogram, and now heart arrhythmia. Her doctor has referred her to a cardiologist and told her not to get the covid booster. The doctor said, “Well, there’s a lot we don’t know about the vaccine.” A little late, doc.
Definitely praying. So sad.

Just prayed for her. My stepdaughter had to stay in the hospital for a couple of days with myocarditis. Doctors think it was from her last vaccine shot. She’s back home now but it’s worrisome to have a healthy 19 year old have heart problems.

Really struggling mentally with some sadness, afterlife thoughts and family relationships. Life is short and I feel so uncertain.

Really struggling mentally with some sadness, afterlife thoughts and family relationships. Life is short and I feel so uncertain.
Birdman Ill be praying for you. Think about this and feel free to let me/us know if you have anymore questions. Good starting point in answering or responding to your post above.

"In answering questions about life after death, we are left with only two sources to consult. Either we turn to human experience or we turn to the Word of God. If we turn to human experience, we find many guesses, many ideas, many theories—but no sure answers. That’s because, in the nature of the case, no human has a sure answer. The only people who have the answer are dead! That leaves us with the Word of God. In God’s Word we find ample, abundant answers. God who knows the future knows what happens when we die, and he hasn’t left us to wonder about it. The Bible is filled with information on life after death!

If you want the answer in one sentence here it is: What happens after you die depends on what happens before you die." Heres what Bible says. Plenty more than what is listed below.

Birdman If you are a christian. Truly saved, have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ his son. You have nothing to fear -afterlife. Actually you will be looking forward to it. Im not going to Heaven because Im a member of a church,tithe,good citizen, Fill in the blank. Im going to heaven because of my beleif and faith in Jesus Christ finished work on the cross. Because I beleive He [Jesus Christ] overcame death, hell and the grave.

John 3:16 FOR GOD SO LOVE THE WORLD,THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHOSOEVER BELEIVE IN HIM,SHALL NOT PERISH,BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.
JOHN3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

God gives us the freewill to chose him or follow our own will,desires. The choice is ours.
Make no mistake. My advice and Bible is very clear. We dont just walk around here on earth to live an average lifespan of 72.5 years so we can die,our bodies get thrown into a grave and thats it.
Everyone has eternal life. We decide where we will spend it. Im as im-perfect as they come. Try to do right thing,be good dad,husband,citizen,co worker etc. But I come up short, certainly dont walk on water. But praise God he loves me,you, all man enough to rob heaven of its richest treasure,his son and send him to this earth over 2021 years ago, to make a way for a no good sinner like me. Changed my life forever. Have a peace that passes all understanding. Thats actually a goid ole hym song by the way. I have trials still,battles. But Birdman I have a peace like no other. Even in my trials. Anyone can have that peace. ITS FREE. A GIFT. Why we celebrate Christmas, that Gift God gave the world when he sent his son
  • Hebrews 9:27-28​

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
  • John 14:1-3​

1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
  • Philippians 1:21-23​

This is Paul, who knows when he dies, hes going to heaven.
    21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;

• Revelation 20:11-15​

11 Then I saw a great white throne(A) and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence,(B) and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small,(C) standing before the throne, and books were opened.(D) Another book was opened, which is the book of life.(E) The dead were judged(F) according to what they had done(G) as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades(H) gave up the dead(I) that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.(J) 14 Then death(K) and Hades(L) were thrown into the lake of fire.(M) The lake of fire is the second death.(N) 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life(O) was thrown into the lake of fire.

Last edited:
I just worry the Bible has been written by man so many times it all conflicting. Older bibles were racist. I have family who still live by that with white only marriage. No alcohol. No sex before marriage. The belief you must live close to your parents. The belief you can beat a slave.

I just worry the Bible has been written by man so many times it all conflicting. Older bibles were racist. I have family who still live by that with white only marriage. No alcohol. No sex before marriage. The belief you must live close to your parents. The belief you can beat a slave.
If your being serious here , that sounds like a people problem not a religion problem . They are messed , up doesn’t mean you have to be.

No where in the bible does it say white only marriage. Living close to parents? Says exact opposite
Ephesians Chapter 5:31
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”

My advice is to read Gods word for yourself. Dont mix man and what he says, way he lives his lifestyle with " Thus sayeth the Lord." Its Gods word and his standard that we only need to be concerned with. Hes the final authority. Yes Gods word does instruct us not to be drunken with wine,but rather filled with the holy spirit.
As far as Sex goes. Guess what,God created it, has a purpose for it. Sanctifys it, but inside of marriage. He has good reason and his ways are better than ours ,always.
Id like to also remind folks who read this post, no matter what sin(s) you are guilty of drunkeness,sex outside marriage, white lies etc. ALL HAVE SINNED. Yours truly chief among them as Paul would say. But Jesus says if we confess our sins, he will forgive them. Not only forgive,but Forget as far as the east is from the west. Think about that. Doesn't mean a christian has a license to sin and get out of jail free card or we want have to suffer consequences here on earth for making wrong choices,decessions. But he and only he[Jesus] has the power to Forgive.

Last edited:
2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

I just want to move out of the Bible Belt. I love going to my church but having churches on every corner is suffocating in Wilkes. Not all churches are welcoming to all. As a result, a lot of the people here are frustrating to interact with. I have traveled and noticed many more friendlier areas.

I just want to move out of the Bible Belt. I love going to my church but having churches on every corner is suffocating in Wilkes. Not all churches are welcoming to all. As a result, a lot of the people here are frustrating to interact with. I have traveled and noticed many more friendlier areas.
Move to Portland and hang out with purple haired tranny atheists that weigh more than a cow.

Well Jude Chapter 1might help. I remind myself daily how much patience, longsuffering God has to have toward a knucklehead like myself. Thankfully he doesnt get fustrated with interacting with me. I try to live a life pleasing unto the Lord and return the grace and mercy toward others like he has shown me. But im human and its difficult, actually impossible if I try to do it in my own power. So if your a christian, you should know its impossible to please man. You never will. Goal is always to please the Lord. If we do and focus on that, then we want notice, have near the problems we think we have with all our other relationships with people.

16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

We’re gonna need Jesus, Jehova and Jobu, just to get me a winter storm!

Bible was written by man through inspiration of Christ. "Older bibles" are no more racist than "new bibles". But the bible really is not racist. it's the same book translated from one language to another, BUT the bible does warn of adding and taking away from the inspired book of Christ, like the book of Enoch and so on. Those are not books of the bible, and many churches are wrong to incorporate a book that was never inspired by Christ and teach from it. The white on white marriage rule is a dumb racist belief meshed with Christian faith to give somebody a backbone on there belief. There is no verse that comes close to saying thall shall not marry another race. What the bible does say is to be equally yoked, which is in reference to your belief and spiritually, it's the same as God hates gays belief that has tried meshing with the church. It's biblically false, homosexual relations is a sin like, killing is a sin, and stealing is a sin and adultery and so forth. No alcohol is a lie as well, never in the bible has it said to not drink alcohol, only that you should not get a debased mind and be influenced by a mental state with drinking so much. Other words do not get drunk. Jesus created water out of wine. And the old Baptist saying was that stuff now days is stronger than back then. No not really, they got drunk back then just as they do now days.

Bible was written by man through inspiration of Christ. "Older bibles" are no more racist than "new bibles". But the bible really is not racist. it's the same book translated from one language to another, BUT the bible does warn of adding and taking away from the inspired book of Christ, like the book of Enoch and so on. Those are not books of the bible, and many churches are wrong to incorporate a book that was never inspired by Christ and teach from it. The white on white marriage rule is a dumb racist belief meshed with Christian faith to give somebody a backbone on there belief. There is no verse that comes close to saying thall shall not marry another race. What the bible does say is to be equally yoked, which is in reference to your belief and spiritually, it's the same as God hates gays belief that has tried meshing with the church. It's biblically false, homosexual relations is a sin like, killing is a sin, and stealing is a sin and adultery and so forth. No alcohol is a lie as well, never in the bible has it said to not drink alcohol, only that you should not get a debased mind and be influenced by a mental state with drinking so much. Other words do not get drunk. Jesus created water out of wine. And the old Baptist saying was that stuff now days is stronger than back then. No not really, they got drunk back then just as they do now days.
No sex before marriage is just a good thing, no reason why somebody should want to sleep around as much as they can with whoever they can. It's not fulfilling and takes away from a beautiful meaning of what a sexual relation is. And the thing about beating a slave is completely false. The bible only ever said to treat slaves nicely, and slaves back then we're not as we view them entirely like we do today. They often times earned money, land, marriage,. Etc.

Back