• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

I’ll try to go through it more deeply later, but I don’t agree with the whole “new thing” idea. Yes, God can use new ideas to his use, but he will not change his ways. He will not change to suit this generation. Just because a Rapper makes a gospel album does not mean he is a Christian just as Trump defending Christians and going to prayer meeting doesn’t make him one.
Seems you may have missed the point or I'm reading it wrong one.... not all Christians look alike or act alike. Actually I don't think she ever said Kanye was a Christian because he made a gospel alphum. I mean if he actually had a conversion and now a relationship with Christ, shouldn't we be praying for his continuing growth and walk with the Lord? Sure he's not going to worship as some of us do but that's no reason to proclaim he isn't a Christian either, I think his actions and time will tell but only God truly knows the heart.

The Bibles I held in my hands were symbols of tradition. At one time, they were highly esteemed treasures to be admired and cared for. But the unexpected flood changed their appearance—not their eternal value but their outer covering. Just like the decorative cover of the Bible, the religious spirit focuses on appearances and that which man might consider sacred. And yet when the Holy Spirit comes to flood our hearts with the manifest presence of God, we are forever changed from the inside out.

I actually think there is a lot of truth to the below statement..

Those who walk in the Spirit must look past the packaging and consider the gift inside. God is calling many into the kingdom who do not look like us, sound like us or talk like us. They will not be conventional, traditional or even remotely religious. They will simply be sold out for Jesus.

Seems you may have missed the point or I'm reading it wrong one.... not all Christians look alike or act alike. Actually I don't think she ever said Kanye was a Christian because he made a gospel alphum. I mean if he actually had a conversion and now a relationship with Christ, shouldn't we be praying for his continuing growth and walk with the Lord? Sure he's not going to worship as some of us do but that's no reason to proclaim he isn't a Christian either, I think his actions and time will tell but only God truly knows the heart.

The Bibles I held in my hands were symbols of tradition. At one time, they were highly esteemed treasures to be admired and cared for. But the unexpected flood changed their appearance—not their eternal value but their outer covering. Just like the decorative cover of the Bible, the religious spirit focuses on appearances and that which man might consider sacred. And yet when the Holy Spirit comes to flood our hearts with the manifest presence of God, we are forever changed from the inside out.

I actually think there is a lot of truth to the below statement..

Those who walk in the Spirit must look past the packaging and consider the gift inside. God is calling many into the kingdom who do not look like us, sound like us or talk like us. They will not be conventional, traditional or even remotely religious. They will simply be sold out for Jesus.

I see what your saying, but the issue is Christians aren’t books and you should be able to tell a Christian by his cover as the inside comes out. You can also tell a Christian by his repentance which means to change direction.

Sure, Bibles have different covers and different colors but you can tell it’s a Bible because it says it is. The cover does not say “Fifty Shades of Gray” or “How to win friends and influence people” and then have a Bible inside.

Sure God has people in people in different cultures that look and worship differently. I’ve met some of them, but their power in Christ was real. But in this nation, an unbeliever and a Christian look the same and act the same and articles like this make that ok and there is no Biblical support for it. Not all Christians look alike or act alike, but if we are from the same father shouldn’t there be deep similarities?

Until Kayne actually rejects his old life I’ll pray for his conversation.

Last edited:
While sin may have the same measure by God, they certainly are not the same, and have much different consequences.

I see what your saying, but the issue is Christians aren’t books and you should be able to tell a Christian by his cover as the inside comes out. You can also tell a Christian by his repentance which means to change direction.

Sure, Bibles have different covers and different colors but you can tell it’s a Bible because it says it is. The cover does not say “Fifty Shades of Gray” or “How to win friends and influence people and then have a Bible inside.

Sure God has people in people in different cultures that look and worship differently, but in this nation, an unbeliever and a Christian look the same and act the same and articles like this make that ok and there is no Biblical support for it. Not all Christians look alike or act alike, but if we are from the same father shouldn’t there be deep similarities?

I tend to agree. Its much easier to confess sin and try to turn away from it instead of using justifications like "that was a sin back in bible days or "this is 2010's" and all the other excuses or reasons people roll with. How could you ever have any faith in a changing God with ever changing guidelines? Alpha and Omega my friends.

Sure, Bibles have different covers and different colors but you can tell it’s a Bible because it says it is. The cover does not say “Fifty Shades of Gray” or “How to win friends and influence people” and then have a Bible inside.

Sure God has people in people in different cultures that look and worship differently. I’ve met some of them, but their power in Christ was real. But in this nation, an unbeliever and a Christian look the same and act the same and articles like this make that ok and there is no Biblical support for it. Not all Christians look alike or act alike, but if we are from the same father shouldn’t there be deep similarities?

I completely agree Christians should look similar as their actions should no doubt bear out the fact that they are indeed true Christians. I just didn't get from the article, and especially the piece about what happened to the Bibles, as a "as long as your Christian it's ok to not act like one". I genuinely saw it as more of tradition verses how a Christian may worship or celebrate salvation differently.... just as some churches use organs and pianos only, while others have guitars, drums, etc.

Hey I'm a skeptic of Kanye's conversion as well and as I mentioned, time will tell I guess. But I'm sure there were some Christians who were desperately seeking cover the first time they say Paul (Saul) after that little stop on the road to Damascus too.

edit: I actually speak better than I type things out.... I also meant to say I didn't think the article was saying it's ok for nonbelievers and Christians to look the same and act the same. Plus I think we have to be careful when we talk about all Christians acting the same, sure our lives will reflect that but (as you know) Christians aren't perfect either. To the nonbelievers when they hear us say you should be able to tell a Christian by how they act and then see someone that is a Christian make a mistake, commit a sin, to them it may appear that person either isn't a Christian or is a hypocrite (most likely the latter). Anyway I think we are closer to thinking alike about this then one may think just think we read the article a little differently??

Last edited:
You know I started to say that very thing but it seemed too simple.... for once simplicity was certainly the best policy. Lol
The only thing we can really do is try to decipher if someone is helping other people get closer to God or pulling them away since we are unable to see the heart.. sure there are false teachers ,false music leaders that claim one thing and do another. But there are also plenty of Christians that run new Christians away because there is no Grace given. I know for one thing I don't say and think the same way I did when I first became a Christian that's the same with everybody else.

I completely agree Christians should look similar as their actions should no doubt bear out the fact that they are indeed true Christians. I just didn't get from the article, and especially the piece about what happened to the Bibles, as a "as long as your Christian it's ok to not act like one". I genuinely saw it as more of tradition verses how a Christian may worship or celebrate salvation differently.... just as some churches use organs and pianos only, while others have guitars, drums, etc.

Hey I'm a skeptic of Kanye's conversion as well and as I mentioned, time will tell I guess. But I'm sure there were some Christians who were desperately seeking cover the first time they say Paul (Saul) after that little stop on the road to Damascus too.

edit: I actually speak better than I type things out.... I also meant to say I didn't think the article was saying it's ok for nonbelievers and Christians to look the same and act the same. Plus I think we have to be careful when we talk about all Christians acting the same, sure our lives will reflect that but (as you know) Christians aren't perfect either. To the nonbelievers when they hear us say you should be able to tell a Christian by how they act and then see someone that is a Christian make a mistake, commit a sin, to them it may appear that person either isn't a Christian or is a hypocrite (most likely the latter). Anyway I think we are closer to thinking alike about this then one may think just think we read the article a little differently??

The part of the article I’m referring to is this one.

Those who walk in the Spirit must look past the packaging and consider the gift inside. God is calling many into the kingdom who do not look like us, sound like us or talk like us. They will not be conventional, traditional or even remotely religious. They will simply be sold out for Jesus

This in effect is saying their heart may be “sold out to Jesus” but will not appear to have any of the traditional signs of one. That is just not Biblical. God is not raising a new breed of Christian. A sold out Christian will reject and then be rejected by the world.

No doubt Christians were skeptical of Paul. But Paul brought forth fruits of repentance when he preached the cross, endured the shame and took the stripes that was a result of him making the profession.

Christians are to strive to be different and look different. The fact that it isn’t preached regularly is why Christians are not different. Sure, some of the world will see a Christian fall and may count them as fake. However the damage is far greater by not preaching difference than by worrying not. Paul didn’t pull any punches extolling the church to be different in his letters.

The part of the article I’m referring to is this one.

This in effect is saying their heart may be “sold out to Jesus” but will not appear to have any of the traditional signs of one. That is just not Biblical. God is not raising a new breed of Christian. A sold out Christian will reject and then be rejected by the world.

No doubt Christians were skeptical of Paul. But Paul brought forth fruits of repentance when he preached the cross, endured the shame and took the stripes that was a result of him making the profession.

Christians are to strive to be different and look different. The fact that it isn’t preached regularly is why Christians are not different. Sure, some of the world will see a Christian fall and may count them as fake. However the damage is far greater by not preaching difference than by worrying not. Paul didn’t pull any punches extolling the church to be different in his letters.

They will not be conventional, traditional or even remotely religious. I just don't see that statement as meaning it's ok for Christians to NOT reject the world and I don't see it as meaning that will not look like a Christian. I personally don't want to look religious, I want to have a relationship with Jesus.... Again I see it as more about how that person worships, praises (the style) more so than their daily actions. A person sold out to Jesus isn't going to live a life of sin, I don't think that is what she is saying but I'm no theologically trained minister, I'm just a lowly sinner who is saved by Grace.

"I'm just a nobody, trying to tell everybody, about somebody who saved my soul" love that song btw...

"Come out from among them and be ye separate saith the Lord" 2 Corinthians 6:17 ......" By their fruits ye shall know them".Matthew 7:20

I've not said one word that suggest a Christian should not act like a Christian and that we should be in the world and of the world, I haven't said one word like that. But apparently by the responses it appears that way....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They will not be conventional, traditional or even remotely religious. I just don't see that statement as meaning it's ok for Christians to NOT reject the world and I don't see it as meaning that will not look like a Christian. I personally don't want to look religious, I want to have a relationship with Jesus.... Again I see it as more about how that person worships, praises (the style) more so than their daily actions. A person sold out to Jesus isn't going to live a life of sin, I don't think that is what she is saying but I'm no theologically trained minister, I'm just a lowly sinner who is saved by Grace.

"I'm just a nobody, trying to tell everybody, about somebody who saved my soul" love that song btw...

I don’t want to look religious, but I do want people to see me and see what I say matches what I look like.

I guess I just have a problem with what is quoted. I just do not see any Biblical statement regarding some radical difference concerning new converts. No where does God say he will make it easier for them. The whole article just screams acceptance and compromise to me, in my opinion.

I've not said one word that suggest a Christian should not act like a Christian and that we should be in the world and of the world, I haven't said one word like that. But apparently by the responses it appears that way....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That was not directed at you, by any stretch.... I was just replying to the topic of conversation.

Love your God with your whole heart and soul; love your brother and sister as yourself ... then no worries ... you've then done all you can and all that you're expected to do ... if folks would just get it, we could close this thread ...

Back