• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

Because he is suppose to love all of us?

Any prayer can vaguely answered but when it comes down to tangible prayers that require miracles they never happen.

Love is not giving one whatever he desires, it's giving what one needs. Sometimes we don't even know what we really need.Some people forget, We are put here for God's purpose and pleasure, not the other way around.

No it means god doesnt exist and when those and other prayers arent met then its excused as " god works in mysterious ways".
Some of the best answered prayers are when God says No. If you look at the Lords prayer in the bible, the disciples where asking Jesus how they should pray. He instructs them
Our father which are in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
THY WILL be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

Ill stop right here, but see THY WILL BE DONE .... i quoted Isaiah 55:8 earlier ("my ways arent your ways")and you can find the lords prayer in the gospels of Mathew,Mark,Luke and John.

Every prayer from a born again christian is heard. May not get answered the way we want it to or according to our time table . But its heard and will be answered according to Gods Will.
Its important to remember sin seperates man from God. So if your praying and have unconfessed sin in your life or never gave your life to Christ ,then your just wasting your time. Need to get that out of the way 1st. Fortunately we have the number 1 lawyer of all time who makes intercession for us when we repent.
Romans 8:34
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ who died, yea rather, who is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Wanna bet?

Yes I will take that bet.

Jump out of an airplane without a parachute and pray god stops you before you impact the ground. Pray to breath underwater as your boat sinks so you cant drown. Pray like my neighbor who was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer that he will be cured......he hasnt and is on hospice.

Now comes the part where yall say god wouldnt answer those prayers. Theres a reason why those things cant be answered in prayer it's because those outcomes are non-negotiable even for what is supposedly an omnipotent being.

Because he is suppose to love all of us?

Any prayer can vaguely answered but when it comes down to tangible prayers that require miracles they never happen.

That's actually not correct. I have personally seen someone who had stage 4 cancer, confirmed by multiple doctors, scans, tests, the best science available. This woman was prayed for fervently and she went back to the doctor one day and every single bit of cancer was completely gone. Doctors could not explain it and had never seen anything like it before. Those were tangible prayers that required a miracle which actually happened.

Jump out of an airplane without a parachute and pray god stops you before you impact the ground. Pray to breath underwater as your boat sinks so you cant drown. Pray like my neighbor who was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer that he will be cured......he hasnt and is on hospice.

Now comes the part where yall say god wouldnt answer those prayers. Theres a reason why those things cant be answered in prayer it's because those outcomes are non-negotiable even for what is supposedly an omnipotent being.
A) God doesn't help stupid - jump out of an airplane ... Holy poop ...

B) Brain cancer ... let's just say that prayer has been answered despite all diagnoses ... in my immediate family

C) Maybe not aqualung (my friend) ... but you might get divine inspiration on how to tread water at least ...

Some of the best answered prayers are when God says No. If you look at the Lords prayer in the bible, the disciples where asking Jesus how they should pray. He instructs them
Our father which are in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
THY WILL be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

Ill stop right here, but see THY WILL BE DONE .... i quoted Isaiah 55:8 earlier ("my ways arent your ways")and you can find the lords prayer in the gospels of Mathew,Mark,Luke and John.

Every prayer from a born again christian is heard. May not get answered the way we want it to or according to our time table . But its heard and will be answered according to Gods Will.
Its important to remember sin seperates man from God. So if your praying and have unconfessed sin in your life or never gave your life to Christ ,then your just wasting your time. Need to get that out of the way 1st. Fortunately we have the number 1 lawyer of all time who makes intercession for us when we repent.
Romans 8:34
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ who died, yea rather, who is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Referring to the bolded: What about prayers from others who believe in him?

Edit: I know, venturing into political and religion discussions may be dangerous.

1. First one is considered biblically as "testing God" and we are warned NOT to do these types of things, Satan tempted Jesus with this very idea of jump off this cliff and let the angels save you.
2. If I'm on a boat that's sinking, I'm not going to be praying to breathe underwater, I'll be praying for help/someone to save me no matter how it comes. There are plenty of examples out there of people who have been trapped in cars sinking underwater and other life threatening scenarios who prayed for God's deliverance and were... and also some who probably prayed for it and still died.
3. I have seen prayers like this answered before.

Shaggy, I think you are being very honest about what you expect from God. That's good. Unfortunately for you , your not in a position to make demands. I know where you're coming from, My own Dad was a good example of this. He had Polio in the early 40's ,He was 14 years old, and was quarantined to a Polio clinic several hours from his home. He saw kids of all ages crippled for life, and sometimes die as loving Moms and Dads earnestly prayed along with Pastors, Preachers, and other Church people. My Dad was angry with God and didn't want to even discus His existence. It took 56 years for him to look back on his life to see how much God had loved him. To see what a Blessing his Polio actually was in his life. My Dad is the greatest man to have a influence on my life. He died a believer, thankful for the hardships that he lived through .Dad had Polio, but was never a handicapped man. Thankfully, God had mercy and allowed him to to grow into the Truth.

Get a chance, watch this video. It may just open your eyes.

Edit: I know, venturing into political and religion discussions may be dangerous.

Yeah generally I avoid it, I am not going to believe in god and I really don't want to change any believers minds....its just interesting to me, weather is science and science is what started me on my path to atheism.

Yeah generally I avoid it, I am not going to believe in god and I really don't want to change any believers minds....its just interesting to me, weather is science and science is what started me on my path to atheism.
You obviously didn't watch the video I posted...

The Bible is undeniably real too, it’s simply a matter of whether one believes the claims made in it. Those are 2 separate arguments. One can see the reality of both the Bible and what Shakespeare wrote but debate the ideas/claims each one makes which are two separate areas of argument.
lol sure...

That's actually not correct. I have personally seen someone who had stage 4 cancer, confirmed by multiple doctors, scans, tests, the best science available. This woman was prayed for fervently and she went back to the doctor one day and every single bit of cancer was completely gone. Doctors could not explain it and had never seen anything like it before. Those were tangible prayers that required a miracle which actually happened.
its called a coincidence... play that scenario over and over and only a small percentage of times will someone heal despite the odds. CONFIRMATION BIAS...

John 9:31 New International Version (NIV)
31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

I want post a ton of scripture on here, but outside of a prayer for repentance,salvation God does not hear the prayer of a man who doesnt know Jesus Christ as his savior. Bible is very clear about this.
Its also very clear God answers prayer according to his will.

Also shaggy put up a scenerio about jumping from an airplane, with no parachute etc.

Luke 4:9-13 New International Version (NIV)
9 The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down from here. 10 For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you
to guard you carefully;
11 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[a]”
12 Jesus answered, “It is said: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[b]”

13 When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune

Bottom line dont tempt the Lord.

Why didn’t God protect all those people in the mass shootings

Ill answer this question with a question.

Why didnt God make us like robots who would automatically choose him,his way. Full Surrender?

Think about it!

lol sure...

The Bible is indeed real, there are thousands of manuscripts out there you can study in the original Greek and Hebrew if you’re ever interested. Again, one can debate whether they believe the claims made in the Bible but the manuscripts are just as real as the ones for Shakespeare, that’s a fact.

Back