• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/24/20-4/26/20 possible severe weather

In the Charlotte area the storms are likely to arrive later this evening around 10 PM or so, what would that mean for fuel? The sun has been out for the majority of the day and the warm front is now pulling through if not north of me.

Wild how we get these 1-2 punch tornadadic supercells that like to go through the same area. Heads up, Salem

Looking over guidance, I don’t believe the cold air north of Charlotte is going to prevent severe storms around i40 and north on i77 all the way to Elkin, NC. I think a Tornado Watch may be needed. I always remind myself the last tornado here had very cool temps, it’s honestly prob rare to see warm tornadoes up this way.

Radar is not presenting the storm north of GSP well, almost like something is messing with that area on the radar tilt (maybe mountains?) , but that’s still a strong storm 3B78901D-0E70-4396-9636-D51A55DCCACF.png23A4FCA4-5853-4F1A-82E0-6E841FEED058.png

Dews are still holding in the upper 50s for most in upstate SC and southern NC, the deep layer relatively dry air should temper the tornado threat here and make these storms more outflow dominant and lead to cooler RFDs. Ideally, for tornadoes you really want warmer RFDs s.t. it's easier to tilt & stretch vorticity back into the updraft.

Back