• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/24/20-4/26/20 possible severe weather

SO MUCH ROTATION IN TR. I have never seen anything like it. Also, very visible updrafts. We also had pea sized hail. It was hard to see a distinct wall/shelf cloud from my house as it is at the bottom of a hill, but it was wild. My house is basically on top of the boundary so we have two more cells to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today is producing some beautiful and rare low precipitation supercells in upstate SC. They usually don't produce tors as frequently as their classic counterparts but man, they have amazing structure!

View attachment 40454

Makes sense we're seeing these today given this environment:

I’m desperate, so I’m just gonna try to get long exposure shots tonight with these storms and hope for lightning to illuminate

Im so pissed at myself rn I didn't go chasing down there, today would have been literally the ideal setup with LP sups, little precip, adequately slow storm motions.. Argh

Yeah I was thinking about it , really getting to me now, and we actually have better MUcape advecting in now which elevated structure can be even better itself

Anyone find it concerning the hrrr doesnt even shown these storms on its latest run? Makes you wonder what else it may be missing as the night progresses.

Tornado warnings have been taken down, the third cell has tor possible

Nice area of MUcape nosing into the piedmont, this may increase the hail threat E1FAB930-2F9B-4EF3-A1E9-0A92CF28F2DC.jpeg

yep I agree with what has been said no really a tornado setup but rare supercell types I agree with yanking the Warning with the other two cells. These three supercells look to go north of Charlotte in the south/western piedmont

There’s nothing to bring the rotation down out of the mid levels. If there’s any continuance of the tornado watch further north-east, it should be a severe thunderstorm watch.

Hail cores are really picking up, likely starting to become elevated with MUcape surging in

Tornado Warnings now in NC outside of the watch area. SPC has been kinda wishy washy lately.

Back