• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/24/20-4/26/20 possible severe weather

The lastest SPC MD really has me wondering if they truly have interns running the place right now. Btw, this isn't coming from me, Jeff Crum even tweeted this, a couple of days ago.

Third cell is moving east instead of northeast (and it just went tor warned again), looks like this one may impact me more

Third cell is moving east instead of northeast (and it just went tor warned again), looks like this one may impact me more

Had a very quick burst of wind and heavy rain with few hailstones from that one, only a couple minutes though. Only thing I saw from any of the three. That one seems to be just a tick South. But boy that train over HWY 11! I imagine there is some flash flooding from those 3 as well.

No wonder these storms won’t occlude and die off, getting a constant breeze out of the East/SE, which is helping out these mesos from completely occluding, that’s one part tho

What is the NWS doing? Keep in mind I have the utmost respect for them. But damn, extend the damn watch east...

Given the longevity on these cells that would probably be the right call. Even if it is a short lived watch. Nobody at home is paying attention to mesoscale discussions.

I may be wrong but the last cell appears to be moving more so East. Also, will the Charlotte area see anymore storms after these leave?

Must be nice its a canadian fueled ne deep snowpack 56 and dropping. Must be nice to he far enough west to escape the clutches of boring ne winds .

Stay safe, wont deny wish it was me . There is always next year

Rotation in the one near Charlotte seems to have weakened and the one near Spartanburg is looking more like straight line winds if I’m not mistaken.

Back