• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2024 Tropical Thread Reboot

I HOPE THIS ISN'T THE CASE! The forecast track reminds me a little bit of Fredrick just a bit south, but more of Ivan. Both are bad memories for Alabama's Gulf Coast. I would love to see the HP over the Eastern US slow it's drift to the east and strengthen to shunt it into less populated Mexico.
I lived in Mobile. Grew up there. Fredrick was not fun for sure. Pine tree split our house in two. Was living in the Ham for Ivan and it was not fun either even that far north. Don't want to see something like either of those.

"Given this wave’s current broad/somewhat anemic state and the unfavorable looking SLP pattern ahead that signals fast trade winds in the central Caribbean “Graveyard”, I doubt we see substantial development/organization from this system until the Western Caribbean at the earliest."

The SA heat low is at cat5 strength this season which is why i am very confident the west carib will be dead in OCT.

He makes a really good point here, Every year now we have the exact same pattern. Massive east coast trof. Besides 25/12/6 looking ridiculous now, CSU once again saying there was a greater than average chance of hurricanes hitting the east coast was ridiculous

And still no consistency. major to nothing over and over. Hopefully the EURO will show it

View attachment 150607
The GFS won't be consistent until 3-4 days prior. It's just the way it's built.
For now, the takeaway is there is a high probability that we will have a major in the gulf. That's about all there is.

Also notice the majors show up on the 18z. It's been like this for awhile.

And for heavens sake, don't put any value in the specific location. It will swing all over the gulf for the next week. Same for pressure.

Last edited:
Back