• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2024 Tropical Thread Reboot

Let me understand the thread here. You guys aren't actually pulling for hurricanes to form are you?

Just to be clear I'm not but I've been following hurricanes since before the internet and I know there will be hurricanes before it's over like it's not going to just end at Ernesto with the way it started as much as most of us want it to. I've said way earlier in this thread also I would love if the season busted because we have enough problems already

I think people are used to seeing storms around this time of year imho.

I think people are used to seeing storms around this time of year imho.

I mean 2022 had nothing in August too and Ian would strike by October(deadliest hurricane in Florida since 1935)

It's not completely unheard of

Let me understand the thread here. You guys aren't actually pulling for hurricanes to form are you?
This really shouldnt need to be said yet again. Nothing i want, you want GaWx wants or anyone else wants has anything whatsoever to do with what happens. And yes, i was hoping CSU would be right. If 5 cat 5's hit the GOM coast Im not going to be sitting here in tears moaning how me, and me alone caused it to happen by wanting an active season. Yes it would be horrible if that happens but if it does it does, if it doesnt it doesnt. One other thing to consider. Lets say the rest of the season is 3/1/0. Who is to say or know because the ATL was dead there was a massive, or several massive weather disasters on others parts of the globe. Take Hurricane Iniki in 1992. Regardless of Andrew what if the ATL that year had 15/9/4. Almost certainly the overall pattern would have been far different and there would have been no Iniki. What if the 1970 cane season had 20/10/5 instead of 14/7/2. Almost certainly the overall weather patter would have been far different and 300,000 wouldnt have died in Bangladesh.

Last edited:
While Morris says the ITCZ is displaced to the N, Bernie Rayno at Accuweather today in the updated tropical outlook said the exact opposite: it is displaced to the S at 10N instead of clump’s 15N. You can’t make this stuff up.
Danny Morris has it right. What is happening is the ITCZ is oriented from SW off the Africa coast to NW over Africa.

We shouldn't be focused so much on the MDR right now. A homegrown storm will probably form next month after some of these fronts get further south and stall. We pretty much have 60 days.

Project 2025 is nothing more than a think tank project from the heritage foundation. Pretty much they're nothing but geeks of politics that come up with this stuff. Both sides have think tanks that come up with bizarre things. It does not mean it's going to come to fruition at all. Anybody that says otherw
Oops!

Even though them openly rooting for Hs (including strong ones) to come right to them is so opposite of my and others’ thinking and thus seems weird, they of course have the right to do so.

I dont think anyone wishes for storms to happen or hit, but they are going to....I have been through a lot of storms, luckily nothing too severe, I certainly do not want anything strong to come in as a property owner etc... but what I want matters little to what is going to happen. I am a wind junkie though so I have been on the porch for all of them....

The ensembles have been getting a few hits...the only thing I know for sure is that it wont take much for the season to go nuts and things change fast down there. All it takes is for a few waves to bring moisture off the coast and make it survivable for a system to form which will then do its part to juice things up etc...also lately Oct is the new Sept so with ocean temps so high the season could easily drag into Nov....

1724503011242.png

1724503034924.png

The pattern across the GOM is probably going to get pretty unsettled next week. Not sure if anything ever spins up but it may at least lead to a wetter pattern late next week/weekend/early the following week
I think that will be the area to watch for the next couple of weeks at least with the Atlantic being out of business until the upper air patterns start pushing the waves that come off Africa more east to west rather than southeast to northwest. There is still plenty of dry air to contend with in the Atlantic too.

Lord this trap of the precip anoms are AN so there must be hurricanes take its getting painful the whole region was AN in July and 0 hurricanes

Yep. Yesterdays day’s Euro Weeklies vs normal ACE

8/26-9/1: 10%; Norm 14
9/2-8: 40%; norm 15
9/9-15: 70%; norm 16
9/16-22: 90%; norm 13

So, the progged ACE mean is 30. This is significantly below the 1991-2020 avg of 58. Over 75% of this deficit is due to weeks 1-2. The point is that despite wet Euro Weekly maps, they at the same time have much BN ACE.

JB yesterday showed these low ACE maps and said while laughing: “My numbers are just… they’re shot….I’m talking about the impact…This is just wild stuff. 50% of the normal ACE at the height of the season. Holy smokes. Now do I believe it? No, not really. But maybe it’s going to happen. There’s still going to be a lot of high impact forecasted but the numbers gotta come down”

Reactions: SD
Yep. Yesterdays day’s Euro Weeklies vs normal ACE

8/26-9/1: 10%; Norm 14
9/2-8: 40%; norm 15
9/9-15: 70%; norm 16
9/16-22: 90%; norm 13

So, the progged ACE mean is 30. This is significantly below the 1991-2020 avg of 58. Over 75% of this deficit is due to weeks 1-2. The point is that despite wet Euro Weekly maps, they at the same time have much BN ACE.

JB yesterday showed these low ACE maps and said while laughing: “My numbers are just… they’re shot….I’m talking about the impact…This is just wild stuff. 50% of the normal ACE at the height of the season. Holy smokes. Now do I believe it? No, not really. But maybe it’s going to happen. There’s still going to be a lot of high impact forecasted but the numbers gotta come down”
We are now down to the oft said cliche when the season is dead. It only takes 1

And right on cue i checked if JB had tweeted again and now numbers mean nothing, it only takes 1

Last edited:
Back