• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2024 Tropical Thread Reboot

Why do I even bother to look at the model runs? if every one of them is posted on here!! I’ve never seen so many 384s posted on here. WTF?
You have a point. In the midst of a predicted hyper active season they show nothing thru sept 08

I doubt we will ever see the MDR look like this in my lifetime, not to mention 1995 when there were 5 lined up in the MDR. All the forecasts are busting. Andy Hazelton is the latest to throw in the towel as he is now falling back on the tried and true thing you say when its a dead season "it only takes 1"

1724430798927.png

Talking in the past tense about the season and no model shows this developing but who knows

In even a dead season you might expect a set up like this off FLA to develop on sept 01 but this season is so hostile everywhere it wont

1724431709909.png

Hard to belive this is the ATL on AUG23 in a season that was supposed to be hyper-active. Totally bone dry and not even ad identifiable wave. Even if the switch flipper turns the switch to "on" right now it will take awhile for even a strong wave to show up.

1724431964710.png

Here is the problem that doesnt show a single sign of changing and quite frankly its too late anyway. Here comes another uesless wave and as it gets ready to come of Africa it stretches out and will come off bone dry at 20N. Its just too late now. Even if the MDR manages to produce a CV storm it will be so late that a recurve is 100% guaranteed. A Cane at 15n 50W on OCT 01amounts to nothing

1724433621268.png

Here is the problem that doesnt show a single sign of changing and quite frankly its too late anyway. Here comes another uesless wave and as it gets ready to come of Africa it stretches out and will come off bone dry at 20N. Its just too late now. Even if the MDR manages to produce a CV storm it will be so late that a recurve is 100% guaranteed. A Cane at 15n 50W on OCT 01amounts to nothing

View attachment 150290
I think most of us who have experienced the trauma of strong hurricanes, disagree with your choice of words. The current environment is not "a problem". It is a blessing for millions of people who could lose their homes, their jobs, and/or their lives. Great if it's too late. Hope we never see another cane, but my expectations are that we will and it could be brutal. Humans have not been successful at forecasting large weather events. They surprise us time and time again.

I wonder if Knabb is still yapping about the ATL getting ready to explode.

While Morris says the ITCZ is displaced to the N, Bernie Rayno at Accuweather today in the updated tropical outlook said the exact opposite: it is displaced to the S at 10N instead of clump’s 15N. You can’t make this stuff up.

Regarding my above post, check out this link to Bernie Rayno saying the exact opposite of what Danny Morris said: go to 2:55-3:10 and hear him say the ITCZ is at 10N instead of the normal 15N (Danny had said it was N displaced):

Let me understand the thread here. You guys aren't actually pulling for hurricanes to form are you?

Where do you get that idea from? Please don’t group everyone together. I’d be perfectly content if no more form despite that being next to impossible. Following the tropics closely isn’t the same thing as rooting for them. Being a weather enthusiast/hobbyist isn’t the same as rooting for them. It’s obvious who definitely wants them, including right in their backyard.

Back