• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2022 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Watched Smackdown to see what Vince had to say and it was pointless. Then they bring Brock back to face Roman for the 100th time. WWE still sucks.

Yep, that's my point. Many people consider the "Med" climates desirable, but the summer dryness with high temps/fire seasons are a regular feature of such regions (especially away from cool oceans) — places like Redding and Fresno don't even average up to an inch of rain during the summer, for instance.

Meanwhile, the normally ample summer rainfall in the humid subtropical SE is why I prefer it to the drier Med climates. Not a fan of summer dryness, the problems of which have been voiced out by members here during the brief few days of the current SE US heat/dry spell.
I'll take Redding, CA over Houston weather any day. Fire risk over hurricanes, floods, extreme heat indexes... traffic. ;)

Slow moving Summer thunder boomers, well under severe levels. My favorite kind of rain storm really. Tennessee has every variety of rainstorm you can think of in spades. We are the middle of the road when it comes to temperate/subtropical weather. Cold rain in the fall, winter, spring.. and then this stuff going on right now. Also, on rare occasions, deadly tornadoes too, even though usually Alabama or Mississippi takes the brunt of those. Lots of lightning, thunder, and needed rain tonight. Gardens dig this kinda ----. Soak it up like love. Tennessee Summers can be brutal with the heat and mugginess, but this weather makes them somewhat tolerable. Zero threat of floods, wind damage or tornadoes.. just oozing rain, slow thunder and comfortable temps.

Last edited:
The average high only drops 3-4F for most of us in august

This month sucks

You are about to be in Tallahassee though! They get some chilly mornings , think chillier than Charleston even but their highs tend to be warmer . Flip flops all winter .
I'll be in Birmingham a lot too!

Back