• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2022 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Help me out here, you talking about the drought talk from us in the SE? It's a subtropical climate with summer months actually averaging the most rainfall. Here for instance June, July, Aug and Sept have the highest avg. precip. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment

View attachment 119135
Not disagreeing with you, but I wonder how much the August and especially September rainfall averages are influenced from tropical systems?

I don't personally think Sept is a wet month outside of tropical systems. Anecdotal impressions is that Sept. is mainly quick hitting FroPa, followed by dry (low humidity) days following. 2 or 3 years with normal weather leads to averages of 1"-2" of rainfall with the odd years with Tropical activity leading to a monthly total of 6"+ throwing off the averages.

Need @Lickwx to come in and correct me with the real data to pop my bubble. Lol

Not disagreeing with you, but I wonder how much the August and especially September rainfall averages are influenced from tropical systems?

I don't personally think Sept is a wet month outside of tropical systems. Anecdotal impressions is that Sept. is mainly quick hitting FroPa, followed by dry (low humidity) days following. 2 or 3 years with normal weather leads to averages of 1"-2" of rainfall with the odd years with Tropical activity leading to a monthly total of 6"+ throwing off the averages.

Need @Lickwx to come in and correct me with the real data to pop my bubble. Lol
Roughly 30%

It sucked outside even before it was afternoon.

Kinda want to just go back to the beach, although I know it’s not happening.

b205560d8a04ec1258991bdce1e90dad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that's my point. Many people consider the "Med" climates desirable, but the summer dryness with high temps/fire seasons are a regular feature of such regions (especially away from cool oceans) — places like Redding and Fresno don't even average up to an inch of rain during the summer, for instance.

Meanwhile, the normally ample summer rainfall in the humid subtropical SE is why I prefer it to the drier Med climates. Not a fan of summer dryness, the problems of which have been voiced out by members here during the brief few days of the current SE US heat/dry spell.
Dry heat is the worst, followed quickly by humid heat, then humid warm, then dry cold, then dry warm, and humid cold is the best! Give me 25 degrees F and 100% relative humidity all day long!

Back