• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2022 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Yes it is. I agree completely. I've been counting down the days since February when we have had spring like temps ever since. Fall cannot get here fast enough for me.
If you keep counting down the days of your life you’ll run out of life real fast ! Living for a brief 3 months of the year is really limiting yourself . Enjoy summer . Besides your in forest city , not that hot up that way and your close to some mountains to cool off by! There can be joy found in summer .

If you keep counting down the days of your life you’ll run out of life real fast ! Living for a brief 3 months of the year is really limiting yourself . Enjoy summer . Besides your in forest city , not that hot up that way and your close to some mountains to cool off by! There can be joy found in summer .
I hear ya. I don't take one day for granted at all. Lived here my whole life 39 years here in Rutherford County. I love this area. It's my home. I just enjoy fall and winter the most and there such short lived around here in the southeast as you well know. It is what is around here. Living here in the shadow of the mountains here in the southern foothills it does get pretty hot and humid and last usually from March through the end of October around here Wish i could move further north to enjoy more cold and snow but this is my home. I enjoy me some good summer days also but could do without the humidity most of the time but I still try to enjoy it but working outside in the spring and summer is tough with the heat but im used to it by now. I do try to get up to Chimney Rock and the Lake Lure area a good bit and do some fishing in the Rocky Broad and enjoy the park, town and hiking trails. Beautiful area up there and not far up the road from me and it is a little cooler.

Yes it is. I agree completely. I've been counting down the days since February when we have had spring like temps ever since. Fall cannot get here fast enough for me.
I'll say it this way; Fall weather cannot get here fast enough! Only 91 days till met Fall; but of course more like 120 days till we start to feel more like it.

I'll say it this way; Fall weather cannot get here fast enough! Only 91 days till met Fall; but of course more like 120 days till we start to feel more like it.
I know man. That's the way i try to look at it to. Sounds like me and you are on the same page with this heat and humidity. I was doing yard work yesterday morning from 6am to around 9am and i looked like i was drenched with a water hose from the humidity after the first 45 minutes of being outside in the coolest part of the day.

Man the gfs and euro aren't depicting anything close to the level of drought relief we need in Eastern NC
This really shows the spread in rainfall for the year; hard to believe so many on the eastern Carolinas have only seen 10-15 inches, with some spots only seeing 5-10! I am in the yellow and closing in on 30 for the year; as is much of AL and MS. Crazy spread.

full.php

Here you can really see the cutoff in Eastern sections, in the year to date percentage of normal.
full.php

Last edited:
This really shows the spread in rainfall for the year; hard to believe so many on the eastern Carolinas have only seen 10-15 inches, with some spots only seeing 5-10! I am in the yellow and closing in on 30 for the year; as is much of AL and MS. Crazy spread.

full.php
Between 16 and 18 here depending on which station I believe. Either way had to dig something up last weekend soil was drier with depth which isn't ideal. We could really use a couple multiple inch events close together to really wet deep.

Between 16 and 18 here depending on which station I believe. Either way had to dig something up last weekend soil was drier with depth which isn't ideal. We could really use a couple multiple inch events close together to really wet deep.
With last weeks rains we had closed the deficit to about 3 inches but are now further behind at 5+ inch deficits again.

Yep, US Drought monitor actually has that area labeled SL (short and long term impacts).

19 here for the year (last weeks rains played a big role in that total), less than ideal but on the "higher" end for this area

Reactions: SD
With last weeks rains we had closed the deficit to about 3 inches but are now further behind at 5+ inch deficits again.

Yep, US Drought monitor actually has that area labeled SL (short and long term impacts).

19 here for the year (last weeks rains played a big role in that total), less than ideal but on the "higher" end for this area
Yeah we keep kicking the can and avoiding a big westward expansion of the drought conditions and a worsening of the existing conditions which is nice but not ideal. I don't think we need anything as extreme as a hurricane or big stalled ull to erase the drought conditions yet but these hoping you hit the few storms along a front days aren't helping

Back