• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

It's been that way for literally ever. You telling me weather models 10 years ago had better long-range accuracy than one's today? lol. There's so much that weather models cant see, I mean they are literally attempting to predict the interactions between a million frickin variables when there are at least 10 million more they just can't account for. Think of all the small details they don't see that add up into big changes, small topographical changes compounded over long distances, maybe even the interaction between built environments and the atmosphere, or even something like chaos theories butterfly affect.

I mean check this out, this is what goes into weather models. literal chaos theory and disorder. Look at this lorentz attractor. funny I learned about this from an article about dimensions of consciousness. This is weather turbulence modeled, a set of chaotic solutions. I also wonder how small temp changes work. I mean, our weather sensor might read something that rounds too 70.4 degrees, when in reality if we could break up a 1 cubic meter area of air and break that even further into smaller areas and be able to measure the temps in each of those smaller areas we would find so many variations! from 70.4, to 70.3893 to 70.2 to 70.7 etc etc. I mean weather models are just not able to see that stuff.

bumc0016-0162-f03.jpg

V16 nailed dec 9 2018

Reactions: SD
Today last year….we also have a flurry thread for late November. ?

View attachment 95634
I wouldn’t get jealous over that event. That was a crappy setup, and I don’t even know why we even thought that was producible. I mean, a +AO suppressing a mega ridge over the central plains in late November w/ no ensemble support. No Thanks

Ironically that’s the system I remember tracking the most last year.

I wouldn’t get jealous over that event. That was a crappy setup, and I don’t even know why we even thought that was producible. I mean, a +AO suppressing a mega ridge over the central plains in late November w/ no ensemble support. No Thanks

Ironically that’s the system I remember tracking the most last year.
When your desperate anything feels possible

Prepare for glory this winter. Feet and feet of snow.
I recently had a dream that this was so. It was so much snow that we were all tired of it and it had begun to threaten our sanity. Then I woke up anxious and trembling in fear! What a nightmare!

Back to the reality of chasing my slight chance of flurries after a modified arctic intrusion in January.

Back