• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

That’s a beautiful block, in winter this is a cold rain machine, I’m starting to have a feeling we might shuffle the pattern to cooler/more average since this look means we finally wavebreak into a cutoff ridge around the NAO region > pacific short waves go under it 2E237504-E81A-478F-BA16-06A72CBF405D.png

Big big day in Zebulon tomorrow . All the schools will be closed , people will be allowed to park on 64 , and pretty sure the bridges over 64 will hang some flags and stuff . A few nights ago our former police chiefs son , who was also a cop in training for the Knightdale department , was killed on duty by a drunk driver . From 2-6 the entire town will be closed . The cemetery he will be buried at is walking distance from my house .

Most April into early May and last Dec/Jan
View attachment 93137
View attachment 93138

In all seriousness we have done a great job in our region at catching all the bad breaks and seeing all the things that could go wrong go wrong over the last 2 years. To me it falls into you win some you lose some which is especially heightened in our region where losing =0 snow
Also we’ve gone every year with measurable snow rarely do we get a fat goose egg .. there’s always something to track ??‍♂️

The technology that gives us the ability to look at long range forecast projections is one of the worst things that ever happened to mankind. Lol
Here we sit in October all down and out about potential warmth or no snow 3-4 months out, no wonder we're a sad society
This is the whamby thread, sir. ;)

Also we’ve gone every year with measurable snow rarely do we get a fat goose egg .. there’s always something to track ??‍♂️
I don't think I've ever experienced a North Carolina winter without sticking snow. Or at least not since I was a child too young to remember it (I know some of those 1990s winters were pretty bare).

Go Braves!
I think this one is a done deal, Braves look good and I just don't think they will lose 2 at home. However, if Dodgers can pull it off tomorrow night, anything can happen but their pitching rotation is all out of whack and it seems the Braves have weathered the long season much better.

The Red Sox completely squashed their momentum with 2 back to back losses at home certainly doesn’t leave a good taste in your mouth heading to Houston now

I don't think I've ever experienced a North Carolina winter without sticking snow. Or at least not since I was a child too young to remember it (I know some of those 1990s winters were pretty bare).

I haven't had snow stick since Dec. 2018. The last 2 years have been nothing but 1-2" @ 32 or 33 degrees. I'm still paying for that monster.

Back