• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun is trying to peek out here. I guess the question is if the sun is out, will the guns be out?

giphy.gif

Whew considering that I paid 74 for a retest of the TEAS and an increase of only 2 points on my test score, I hope it becomes worth it. I actually think that test isn't as bad as I thought it'd be considering I managed a high 70s in math even though I never passed a college level algebra course but it is very difficult if the science isn't fresh in your memory and the English Language usage section can catch you. I fought my butt off with studying science (mostly A&P but some other subjects, although obviously not enough) and did not budge things in that section.

Hopefully my other scores can drag just enough here. If not I have some thinking on what to try next, which may even include backtracking.

Spot on. We allow our elders and loved ones to be treated like prisoners and left to be alone and die alone. Makes me sick our govt. and health care system is ok with this.

Dragging this here since it's not really politics... Happy I get to see my grandma this Sunday/Monday for Memorial Day weekend. She is the family member that like I said a while back, if you brought up things that might be dangerous for her, she'd say phooey on that.

Honestly this makes me wonder what she's been doing. I don't think she actually substitutes at headstart much anymore (because my parents put their foot down and made her stop driving to the slightly bigger smaller towns), instead she mainly watches a little girl that is the daughter of a teacher that works at headstart. Since that's been out, given how small the town this family lives in, I'm really not sure what she's been doing for a while. Everyone that knows her knows she's fairly high risk health wise (we're coming anyway lol, this was my dad's idea as soon as he heard that the hotel had been open all along, although we've at least not been sick, I don't think we have been for several months), so I don't think she's been as in contact with the usual people that come around their house (her and an aunt of mine, and I don't think my uncle sleeps there since there's a bedbug problem but he is very frequently around). Probably a pretty boring life for her outside of trying to use a old tablet (until my mom bought her a new one) and TV. That will be changing for at least a short period. I do wonder if the people/friends that come around have started to come in again however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back