• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on now , fall may be the drier season but it’s not bone dry . It still rains plenty !
Not always. There have been Octobers where i didn't see a drop of rain. Afternoon showers are much less common in Sept than in Aug. If you don't get tropical moisture from Sept to Mid Nov usually that means its bone dry

Look man, all I'm sayin is I ain't cutting near as much grass in Sep/early Oct as I am in the summer.
Did you ever also consider that part of the reason for that is lower soil temps as it is cooler ? This year I was cutting grass every week really , if I went 1 week without cutting it was over next time I tried to cut .

Did you ever also consider that part of the reason for that is lower soil temps as it is cooler ? This year I was cutting grass every week really , if I went 1 week without cutting it was over next time I tried to cut .
Honestly, no. I did not think about the soil temps. I just cut the grass when its tall, and it seems to me that it don't get tall as quick in Sep/Oct

I have a rule. I never cut grass after Halloween or before March 1st. In 2012 i came close to cutting it in Feb but i just couldn't do it.

I appreciate each season for what it is. Summer you can get chances of tstorms maybe a hurricane, 90s are fun early in the season, let's make a run at 100 every few years. Fall it's a nice break from the heat of summer, leaves change=pretty, maybe a hurricane, winter you can get snow, let's have an extreme cold run, days are short that's cool, spring is a nice break from the cold of winter, flowers blooming=pretty, maybe a tor.

What pisses me off is when these seasons start bleeding into others and its 95 in late sept/early Oct or winter is bleeds into spring.

I appreciate each season for what it is. Summer you can get chances of tstorms maybe a hurricane, 90s are fun early in the season, let's make a run at 100 every few years. Fall it's a nice break from the heat of summer, leaves change=pretty, maybe a hurricane, winter you can get snow, let's have an extreme cold run, days are short that's cool, spring is a nice break from the cold of winter, flowers blooming=pretty, maybe a tor.

What pisses me off is when these seasons start bleeding into others and its 95 in late sept/early Oct or winter is bleeds into spring.
I think NC has the perfect 4 season climate. You get a taste of each season but usually not extreme. I agree about summer lasting too long and having cold weather in Mid April sucks.

I am trying to think of what city in America has the most balanced seasons, meaning close to 3 months of each season in an avg year.

I think NC has the perfect 4 season climate. You get a taste of each season but usually not extreme. I agree about summer lasting too long and having cold weather in Mid April sucks.
NC is huge , where in NC are you talking about ? I would say for Raleigh it’s a bit more summer dominated than any other season. Asheville perhaps would fit the bill though. Blacksburg va, Roanoke , gatlinburg tn, Blairsville ga, these are very ideal 4 season climates .

I am trying to think of what city in America has the most balanced seasons, meaning close to 3 months of each season in an avg year.
What’s your parameter though , for somewhere like Minneapolis 50s 60s and 70s is spring weather but for somewhere like Raleigh 60s 70s and 80s are spring weather

Has the poster from Carrollton, GA, and later Ohio returned with another name?

NC is huge , where in NC are you talking about ? I would say for Raleigh it’s a bit more summer dominated than any other season. Asheville perhaps would fit the bill though. Blacksburg va, Roanoke , gatlinburg tn, Blairsville ga, these are very ideal 4 season climates .
I guess I was thinking like maybe around Winston Salem. I really like their climate as far as larger cities go. Im guessing Winston Salem has more tolerable summers than Raleigh or Charlotte ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back