• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Discussion

Looking at what I think is a never ending train of storms coming from Africa in the next two weeks (longer on the GFS.) The system I’m more concerned about has yet to emerge off the African coast. (May be Vicky.) Paulette’s course, and the NAR placement will have a impact where this system will move. It’s ire similar to Irene a couple of years ago. I have notice the ridges over Europe has been weakening and is allowing the Northeast ridge to move further east. This will impact Paulette and may cause her to loop in the middle of the Atlantic. Need to keep an eye on those ridges next couple of days.

c03da70cdee23d080f8ca32cbde0f759.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at what I think is a never ending train of storms coming from Africa in the next two weeks (longer on the GFS.) The system I’m more concerned about has yet to emerge off the African coast. (May be Vicky.) Paulette’s course, and the NAR placement will have a impact where this system will move. It’s ire similar to Irene a couple of years ago. I have notice the ridges over Europe has been weakening and is allowing the Northeast ridge to move further east. This will impact Paulette and may cause her to loop in the middle of the Atlantic. Need to keep an eye on those ridges next couple of days.

That 966 over PR! Oh boy. pay attention to that one. And we can’t rest on Paulette yet

This supposedly ends up near Florida in the later frames beyond 300 hours (for some reason tidbits crashed)

gfs_z500_mslp_watl_39.png

I read the one at 12z today isnt like that at all.

Over/under on how many more US landfalls this season.. 1.5??

Laura was the exception, but looks like most of the systems don't want anything to do with landfall here.

Back