• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I put more faith in ensembles then the actually models. I used to be like you and hated the ensembles. But, I study them over last winter and ended liking them.
I agree they are helpful, but they are probably even more frustrating than operationals. When they give you a 5” snowfall mean 5 days out and you end up with a rain/snow mix and green grass it’s pretty damn frustrating and, to a degree, misleading

I agree they are helpful, but they are probably even more frustrating than operationals. When they give you a 5” snowfall mean 5 days out and you end up with a rain/snow mix and green grass it’s pretty damn frustrating and, to a degree, misleading
Just curious, how many times has that happened ??
I like to hear all prospection of weather. I guess that just the weather nerd in me.

Clipper parade after the storm miss. We know those dont ever work out.
Clippers only seem to work out when your winter has been a dumpster fire and Mother Nature is trying to suck you back in so you will visit the forums next winter..so yeah one of these 2” clippers might just work out this year

Just curious, how many times has that happened ??
I like to hear all prospection of weather. I guess that just the weather nerd in me.
Once already this winter. And at one point I had a 4.5” snowfall mean for the 20th event..it happens every year. I used to get all giddy when the ensembles were upping my mean. Now I just get more skeptical but I will agree they are useful at 500 into the medium and “sometimes” long range

I gotta be honest, I was laughing for a few moments at the cold past hour 300. If in any way that's true, that's easily January 2014 type stuff.

Will that stupid idiotic cold be there on 1/21 like was the case for the 12Z Euro? I'm guessing it will be less stupid/smarter.

This King run is much less stupid.

I haven't looked at the Euro in a while, but was it spitting out something similar to the FV3 with the single digits a day or so ago? If so, ruh roh.

Back