• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I love it going dark early and light late. I also like it cloudy and rainy too, so what do I know.

I enjoy seeing the days get longer because it's a sign that spring is not far away. I love spring and love seeing everything come to life.

I enjoy seeing the days get longer because it's a sign that spring is not far away. I love spring and love seeing everything come to life.
I never understood why people root for spring. It brings severe weather and devastating tornadoes and allergies and makes many people sick and go into bankruptcy over medical bills. :(

I never understood why people root for spring. It brings severe weather and devastating tornadoes and allergies and makes many people sick and go into bankruptcy over medical bills. :(
I don't enjoy every aspect of spring. I don't care for tornadoes or allergies but I do love how the flowers and trees come to life. It's a beautiful time of year. Not too hot or too cold either. Also, I'm a huge baseball fan and it's the start of baseball season !

I don't enjoy every aspect of spring. I don't care for tornadoes or allergies but I do love how the flowers and trees come to life. It's a beautiful time of year. Not too hot or too cold either.
I’m just messing with you — you always say something similar about when people like severe weather or blizzards and stuff. :)

I'd be okay with a mixed bag or light icing but while I'm still down here, if another 2/12/14 pops up and it seems well modeled, the day before the storm I'm noping out to LaFayette. Perhaps it was bad luck, but my house had no power for almost a week and now we have nowhere to go in town if something like that happens.

Maybe with my army cousin coming down here to station at Fort Gordon, it wouldn't be as big of an issue next year, but this year, I would be noping out for sure.

Last edited:
Same here. I wish they would stay DST all year. I'd easily give up sun in the morning for in the evening.

I’m the opposite. I’d rather have standard time all year long so models would always come out earlier. I hate the King not completing til 3AM and EPS not finishing til after 4 AM.

I wish Trump would suggest all year standard time, but he probably won’t because I think he hates the Euro model being that it is a foreign product. Then again, he’d be able to get his beloved GFS by midnight.

Last edited:
I don't enjoy every aspect of spring. I don't care for tornadoes or allergies but I do love how the flowers and trees come to life. It's a beautiful time of year. Not too hot or too cold either. Also, I'm a huge baseball fan and it's the start of baseball season !
I really like all the seasons and am glad I live in a place that has 4 seasons (sometimes anyway). Winter is just my favorite.

I really like all the seasons and am glad I live in a place that has 4 seasons (sometimes anyway). Winter is just my favorite.
I think I would miss the seasons if I lived in a place like Gainesville, FL. Sometimes I do complain about the cold or the heat, but in the end I find beauty in every season. I have a love/hate relationship with winter I suppose. I think snow is beautiful and love to see it fall, although I don't like shoveling or driving in it. I don't like the cold as much when it is windy. I have the same love/hate relationship with summer. I despise humidity and bugs, but I love how green everything is and I love a good summer storm. Spring and Fall are probably my favorite seasons.

I think I would miss the seasons if I lived in a place like Gainesville, FL. Sometimes I do complain about the cold or the heat, but in the end I find beauty in every season. I have a love/hate relationship with winter I suppose. I think snow is beautiful and love to see it fall, although I don't like shoveling or driving in it. I don't like the cold as much when it is windy. I have the same love/hate relationship with summer. I despise humidity and bugs, but I love how green everything is and I love a good summer storm. Spring and Fall are probably my favorite seasons.
The thing I like about summer is going swimming.

I don’t think you can really beat the beauty of mountains. Beaches are cool but mountains have such great scenery year round.

Went on my honeymoon to SW Montana and Yellowstone back in August. And it was absolutely an incredible trip.
The beauty is just breathtaking. I have nearly driven off the roads several times just admiring the beauty while I've driven in the mountains. I have never been to the mountains out west, and although I know the mountains there are higher than the mountains in TN and NC, I can't imagine them being as beautiful. I love the ocean also, but i find mountains more interesting.

The beauty is just breathtaking. I have nearly driven off the roads several times just admiring the beauty while I've driven in the mountains.

Yeah I’m an outdoor guy too so I love all the trails. The Appalachian trail runs right through Erwin TN so you bet I’ll be hiking it. Just a lot of great outdoor activities in the mountains. I love to sail a sailboat too but may have to sacrifice that come May :cool:

0583BDE6-20FF-4D8E-AD6D-B28B0C6C7FA8.jpeg

Back