• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Yea against a 3 lost sec team. Could you imagine what Alabama would do to them. We would destroy them!!!! If they are smart now they wouldn’t want Alabama anymore....
UCF barely lost to a team that blew out UGA. LSU is really good when they want to be.

Yea against a 3 lost sec team. Could you imagine what Alabama would do to them. We would destroy them!!!! If they are smart now they wouldn’t want Alabama anymore....
Or Clemson or Georgia or hell even OU or maybe ND

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

UCF barely lost to a team that blew out UGA. LSU is really good when they want to be.
I will give UCF this. They are in a good spot for recruiting. And they have done really good at that. But they need to play a 8 game sec confence schedule. And I bet if they had Alabama schedule I would see them losing 2 maybe 3 confence games.

LOL....What does that have to do with the winter being AN or BN? It's a safe bet the first 3 weeks of January will be AN, probably well AN. It's going to have to fierce cold from end of January through Feb to overcome Dec/Jan being well AN. Can it happen...sure, but highly doubt it. Been saying for weeks now we probably get a 2-3 week window in February, still looks like best bet. Warmth is winning this winter, and has been the past 3 winters.

People forget, Feb 2015 was really cold and snowy, but that was a 2-3 week period in Feb. The thing that saved the winter from being AN was the first half of January was solidly BN. We aren't getting that this winter.

View attachment 9866

My bad, I took the post to be mostly gloom or doom. I still think there's a chance though to have February well below normal if we hang out in the cold phases of the mjo and the strat event propogates down. It's just real early still.

I will give UCF this. They are in a good spot for recruiting. And they have done really good at that. But they need to play a 8 game sec confence schedule. And I bet if they had Alabama schedule I would see them losing 2 maybe 3 confence games.
FBAC3FE1-36B8-4C0E-AB93-ED328C26663B.jpeg
????

Easy for you to say. You are north of Charlotte where snow is easier to come by. For folks in the deep south I can easily see why people are panicing given how the first half of Jan looks. By Valentines Day winter is usually over along and south of I-20 which leaves a very short time frame in which to score.
Feb 73 says , hola

I’m definitely out! This winter just sucks a lot harder because of all the cold forecasts for winter, put out by most. But yeah, I can’t wait till it’s mid Feb, same craptastic pattern, then here comes the “ best snows in my life have been in March” crowd and what about 3/1993, it could happen again , bullshot!
Hahaha

It’s almost like these models are in alternate universes. Everyday I wake up and look at the EPS and say “that’s the worst run I have ever seen”. Well today we hit a new low because that has to be worst modeled mid Jan pattern I have ever seen.

Really starting to hate these mSSW’s, they seem to do more harm than good. Last winter it killed Feb, this winter it’s killing winter. I am sure back in the 1800’s it helped but now it just delays already shortening winters.

View attachment 9864View attachment 9865
That looks really really bad. But at least we have the Weeklies!

My bad, I took the post to be mostly gloom or doom. I still think there's a chance though to have February well below normal if we hang out in the cold phases of the mjo and the strat event propogates down. It's just real early still.

I would be shocked if we at least don’t get a 1-3” event across central NC. Even in our worst ninos we can do that.

If it makes any of you snow starved southerners feel better, it has snowed very little in the lower midwest/ohio valley this winter. How do you expect it to snow in the south when it cant even snow further north ?

I would be shocked if we at least don’t get a 1-3” event across central NC. Even in our worst ninos we can do that.

Yeah, especially after the big storm we had in early December. You would think that would be a good sign. But I can't shake the fact that we very rarely get more than one big snow here a winter, and often when we do get a big dog like that was for a lot of folks around here we don't even get another snow more than an inch. I know scientifically it doesn't mean anything, but it has been shown that is how it works out here most of the time.

Back