• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

If you take the 18z GFS temp anomolies as “gospel” then things start to look doable beyond hour 180. And even through the worst of it, I don’t consider 60 a blowtorch winter day. I’ve seen much worse. I’d like to make a run at 80 before this melting pot heads for the other side of the hemisphere

Yep I keep seeing chatter about "record for lowest freezes for KATL", no freezing temps, and then the models don't look that bad temperature wise past a certain timeperiod. I even decided to count the freezes so far for the official station near me out of curiosity and it was 10-12, although most of it was in November-mid December.

Although the FV3 doesn't go into the ice box until later in the run and frankly with the recent verification scores and the struggle with the MJO, it's hard to trust that either.

ETA: Although I will say, with this warm spell lasting for a while longer and a lot of rain, I feel like we are going to see more blooming, and we'll get cold again for sure and kill some of those plants.

Last edited:
If it makes any of you snow starved southerners feel better, it has snowed very little in the lower midwest/ohio valley this winter. How do you expect it to snow in the south when it cant even snow further north ?

NYC hasnt measured snow since November 15th lol just crazy

I wonder if Atlanta has ever gone without a freeze from Mid December through Mid January. I bet Larry knows

So has anyone else who won the 12 days of Christmas not received their prize yet?

I'm starting to think that either it has "arrived" but it needed to be signed for and it came while I was at work or it arrived but someone stole it.

So has anyone else who won the 12 days of Christmas not received their prize yet?

I'm starting to think that either it has "arrived" but it needed to be signed for and it came while I was at work or it arrived but someone stole it.
Yes I am still waiting on my cruise tickets. I’m starting to think they were stolen by @Tarheel1

That would be a good @Storm5 question.

Really, after not making the playoffs, I am not shocked that Georgia is not up for the bowl game.

Doubt it needed a signature . I’ll check and let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the anti-winter 500mb look. AK and the pacific really have me scratching my head. Wish I could understand this a little bit beyond “it’s the MJO’s fault”2A50500B-DEF2-4B87-BCA3-2BABAAFD97B1.png

Texas just manhandled UGA. If UGA thought they were one of the top four teams in the country they just proved otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back