• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I'm almost ready to punt January,unless there are significant improvements concerning Pacific on the Eps within the next couple of days .The long range EPS looks roughly same with a terrible Pacific pattern. Historically it has been the better model compared to the GEFS and the terrible GEPS model and I see no reason to think the EPS won't be right this time around.Maybe Fab February can give us a big snow event when it's least expected. SMH.

February 1899 ... :eek:
~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh Lord, I just realized I've posted that to no avail for the last 19 years ... time for Confession and a prayer for those in Purgatory ...

I'm almost ready to punt January,unless there are significant improvements concerning Pacific on the Eps within the next couple of days .The long range EPS looks roughly same with a terrible Pacific pattern. Historically it has been the better model compared to the GEFS and the terrible GEPS model and I see no reason to think the EPS won't be right this time around.Maybe Fab February can give us a big snow event when it's least expected. SMH.
Bye Felicia, See you in February!

Ha I almost included you! So you and Mack are out. How many more are out? Probably can’t be more than one or two.
I’m definitely out! This winter just sucks a lot harder because of all the cold forecasts for winter, put out by most. But yeah, I can’t wait till it’s mid Feb, same craptastic pattern, then here comes the “ best snows in my life have been in March” crowd and what about 3/1993, it could happen again , bullshot!

I’m definitely out! This winter just sucks a lot harder because of all the cold forecasts for winter, put out by most. But yeah, I can’t wait till it’s mid Feb, same craptastic pattern, then here comes the “ best snows in my life have been in March” crowd and what about 3/1993, it could happen again , bullshot!
The Heels did win the natty in 1993. LOL

Sadly, my gut has been telling me all along that whatever happens this winter is going to set the tone for what happens to winters from now on.

Lol. Pretty much every winter is forecasted to be cold and snowy. I cant remember the last time they called for a warm winter !

It’s almost like these models are in alternate universes. Everyday I wake up and look at the EPS and say “that’s the worst run I have ever seen”. Well today we hit a new low because that has to be worst modeled mid Jan pattern I have ever seen.

Really starting to hate these mSSW’s, they seem to do more harm than good. Last winter it killed Feb, this winter it’s killing winter. I am sure back in the 1800’s it helped but now it just delays already shortening winters.

E59E6DAF-8C85-4EA1-AE8B-C5534564E129.png11B60E23-9F3C-4A60-B942-8D436B5CEB25.png

It’s almost like these models are in alternate universes. Everyday I wake up and look at the EPS and say “that’s the worst run I have ever seen”. Well today we hit a new low because that has to be worst modeled mid Jan pattern I have ever seen.

Really starting to hate these mSSW’s, they seem to do more harm than good. Last winter it killed Feb, this winter it’s killing winter. I am sure back in the 1800’s it helped but now it just delays already shortening winters.

View attachment 9864View attachment 9865

But the players are on the field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean back in the good old days when winter was winter?
20 years from now we will look back on this time period and reminisce about the good old days. With the way the Earth is warming I foresee a time when winters cease to exist in the south outside of the mountains.

Back