• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

That is how I feel. I'm not going to stress over exact totals, I'm just going to enjoy the anticipation and will take whatever additional snow I can get. Got about 8" from the early December storm which is above our winter average. Some winters we finish with less than 2 inches! Usually we don't get more than one "big dog" winter storm, but at this point I'm taking every additional winter storm as a bonus.

Yeah, anything else this winter is gravy. Like you said, we usually only get one big one if we do get a big one, so I am not expecting much. But a couple of smaller ones on top of what I already got with the December storm would be nice.

Time for me to stop following the MA threads for a little bit. Maybe the HP can push a in a little further south??? I definitely don't want a major ice storm that's being depicted for my backyard currently. Yuck!

Time for me to stop following the MA threads for a little bit. Maybe the HP can push a in a little further south??? I definitely don't want a major ice storm that's being depicted for my backyard currently. Yuck!

It’s going to be tough for this to miss them. All these ull past 2 months have seemingly over performed. Hopefully the east goes on a snow blitz next few weeks.

I don't know how you people in places like Charlotte or south of Raleigh deal with being so close to snow/ice and yet so often end up getting shafted. I would go nuts being that close and missing out time after time.

I don't know how you people in places like Charlotte or south of Raleigh deal with being so close to snow/ice and yet so often end up getting shafted. I would go nuts being that close and missing out time after time.

It’s good and bad. Good that we seem to be in the game on events but bad because we know how it typically ends.

It’s going to be tough for this to miss them. All these ull past 2 months have seemingly over performed. Hopefully the east goes on a snow blitz next few weeks.
Yeah, I'm not bitter. I'd rather see somebody get a big storm close by than have it go poof. This one is close and looks to be a classic slop storm for my area. I hope it's sleet instead of freezing rain though. We will start to look at the soundings later tomorrow into Thursday if we don't lose it completely to the north (which I'm not expecting). Thanks for all of the maps and analysis you have been providing!

Yeah it's like a gigantic group hug over there, they need to keep the early celebratory high fives in check though..... it ain't over yet. Someone needs to remind them of the being in the bull's eye 5 days out curse lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah it's like a gigantic group hug over there, they need to keep the early celebratory high fives in check though..... it ain't over yet. Someone needs to remind them of the being in the bull's eye 5 days out curse lol

You are right. They have had storms miss them to their north and south in recent memory. They could end up with nothing or a cold rain at this point.

The NE crew is more annoying. It’s no big feat getting it to snow in Boston.

The power company has Asplundh out here clearing the easement this week. Someone must have seen the weeklies. Let’s goooo!

Who cares about the Mid-Atlantic? We don't live there. This is a Southeast forum.
Sometimes you can learn a lot by reading what other's are posting in other regions.... you know NWS forecast offices actually coordinate with surrounding offices to better inform the public, even though those offices don't cover their CWA? Funny how that works.

Back